Red Velvet Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

Memorial Day weekend, we are here. Finally Friday. But I won’t complain, this week went rather quickly…always a good thing.

My business partner’s birthday was on Wednesday so on Tuesday evening, there was no question what was in order. I have been wanting to make these cookies ever since I Stumbled Upon them, and I had all ingredients on hand. All very few ingredients – always a good thing. Of course the recipe said it made 24 small cookies and uhh, my recipe yielded 54 very regular-sized cookies. Hm.

I somewhat recently made a Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting…and it was phenomenal. But if you’re looking for a red velvet recipe that’s 10x’s easier (and actually, quite a bit “lighter”), this would be it. If you exercise portion control. There’s the kicker. Is there a soul out there that doesn’t enjoy red velvet? Unlikely.

Red Velvet Cookies with White Chocolate Chips slightly adapted from Whipperberry

1 box of red velvet cake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
2 cups of mini white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, add butter and mix until soft and fluffy. Slowly add cake mix and flour. Once combined, add egg and mix completely. Add white chocolate chunks, and mix for a minute or so until well combined. Form dough into one inch balls, and place into the oven for 8-10 minutes. Yield: 4 1/2 dozen cookies.

Nutrition Information (per cookie): 109 calories; 6 g. fat; 4 mg. cholesterol; 68 mg. sodium; 13.4 g. carbohydrate; 0.2 g. fiber; 1.2 g. protein

Result: Red velvet..butter..white chocolate. Take a wild guess! Mmmm! Great in a pinch, too…they come together in no time flat! Enjoy!

I’m hopeful for some nice weather this weekend and some expanded selections at the farmer’s market tomorrow :-D Mr. Prevention and I have nothing on the weekend calendar, and that’s pretty exciting. Relaxing weekends are the best :)

Question: What’s one kitchen gadget you use more than you’d think you would?

For example, I have a citrus juicer and I use it all the time. When I got it, I thought it would be something I would use on occasion, but nope…several times a week!

Happy weekend! :-D

Comments

I was only introduced to the amazingness that is Red Velvet Cake a few months ago and I have been in love since! These cookies will definitely be making their way into my mouth soon! Thanks for the recipe! :-D

YUM!! Red Velvet cookies?! Brilliant idea!!
    Thanks for the recipe. I would much rather make these than the cake, because of what you said; easier and PORTION controlled!

So, the one gadget I use more than I EVER would have thought would be my mom’s old steamer. She gave it to me about 4 years ago and I thought, “oh…thanks!”. Now I use it at least once a day :)

3. Holly says

I am SO bookmarking this recipe, Nicole! Thank you thank you for sharing! I heart white chocolate and Red Velvet. :-)

Yum. These cookies look amazing. Im officially a fan of red velvet, I had never tried it before this weekend. Its freaking good. And pretty.

The kitchen gadget I use more than I ever thought I would is probably my cheese grater. I hate washing it, so I never expected to use it much (I hardly even use it for cheese, its usually carrots). But as difficult as it is, I love that thing.

So excited to see these cookies here…I just posted a red velvet cake today! Great minds think alike! ;)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend…so true, that relaxing weekends are the best!

oh….here it is…..easy too! Yippee!
    I think they are saying GREAT weather for the weekend! Double Yippee!
    Hmmm…gadget I thought I would NOT use but end up using alot? that’s a hard one….let’s just say as gadgets go, I am a gadget slut….IDK, I think I own every single gadget ever made! haha I guess if I had to choose one, it would be my garlic press….it is really nice, self cleaning and keeps my hands from stinking like garlic when I need some chopped up. Sometimes I opt for the old knife and cutting board for chopped garlic, but more often than not these days, I reach for the press. My silpat would be a close second.

enjoy your weekend, Nicole!!

Wow, those cookies are very photogenic! I’m sure they’re delicious too!

I have this little square rubber thingy that helps open jars and I use it ALL the time. Random, but indispensable.

I love making cookies out of cake mixes – they come together so fast. I have never seen one using red velvet – looks amazing.

I have a citrus juicer that I use all the time – mine’s electric though.

I really love my onion goggles – they help me get through a lot of onion tears.