S’mores Brownies

smoresbrownies1

My next house WILL have a gas range. Mark my word!

Not only are gas stoves easier to control temperatures on, they’re way easier to clean. For anyone else with a glass top range – I feel your pain. I can’t use it without completely ruining its cleanliness. So, I just don’t clean it until we have guests. I mean…umm…I clean it ALL…THE…TIME! I love cleaning!

Psh.

smoresbrownies2

What I love is s’mores. My mom taught me a lot of important things, including how to make s’mores in a pinch.

No camp fire? Toast those ‘mallows on the stove!

Too lazy to put a ‘mallow on a skewer? Microwave that baby!

But I may have found the best rendition of s’mores. S’mores BROWNIES.

Mom, I’m sure your heart is racing in excitement. It should be. Just don’t pass out, okay? Breathe.

smoresbrownies3

When I was assigned Delicious Meliscious’ blog for a Blogger’s Choice recipe swap, I would like to say I had trouble choosing. But I didn’t. These were an easy choice and a killer choice to boot.

However, Melissa’s blog is one I will be returning to…a lot. I was so pleasantly surprised to find that every recipe (literally) appealed to me. It’s rare to find blogs that you share such similar tastes with…but hers is one for sure. Besides, Melissa lives in Ohio so we have that in common, too!

smoresbrownies4

What I also loved about this recipe was how simple it was to prepare. These were ready in 30 minutes flat. Perfect for those nights when your kiddo comes home with a last minute request for school or you remember at the last minute that your coworker’s birthday is the very next day.

I kept things simple with a boxed brownie mix (if it’s good enough for Giada, it’s good enough for me!), but you can make your favorite brownie and finish it off with the marshmallows, graham cracker, and chocolate squares.

Just beware, these are HIGHLY addictive. Even my s’mores indifferent coworkers and hubby said so!

smoresbrownies5

S’mores Brownies from Delicious Meliscious, originally from Betty Crocker

1 pack brownie mix (Betty Crocker,  Duncan Hines, etc. – my selection had 18 servings, 140 calories each) 1/3 cup canola oil 1/3 cup water 1 large egg 2 cups miniature marshmallows 4 graham crackers, cut into saraj.gov.mk/?p=online-casino-uk chunks 2 Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars, cut into each segments

Preheat the download oven to 350 F. Spray 9×9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box (or use your dealer favorite homemade recipe) using the oil, egg, and water.

After baking, remove the pan from the oven and set the join now oven to broil at 500-550 F.

Cool brownies for about a minute then sprinkle the marshmallows over the warm brownies. Make sure to cover most of the area. Sprinkle the graham crackers on top of the marshmallows. Broil about 4-5 inches from the heat for 30 seconds to a minute until the marshmallows are golden brown. Watch carefully so that they don’t burn. Sprinkle with Hershey’s milk chocolate bars.

Yield: 16 brownies.

Nutrition Information (per brownie): 264 calories; 10.4 g. fat; 30 mg. cholesterol; 190 mg. sodium; 39.9 g. carbohydrate; 0.12 g. fiber; 3.3 g. protein

Result: Simple but epic! These are a great way to enjoy s’mores year-round and in a new and unique way. These are sure to please any age group…and pocket book! Enjoy!

Did anyone else watch Idol last night? I’m sad to see Skylar go…but I did love Coldplay’s performances! I skipped out on my workout yesterday – Mr. Prevention and I were both exhausted for no real reason. I listened to my body and kept it a relaxing evening. Today, it’s off to the clinic and squeezing in a workout before the in-laws arrive. Mr. P is running a half marathon tomorrow and his whole fan club will be in attendance!

TGIF, everyone…have a super weekend!

Comments

Yesh, these look just amazing!!! These bars are a good reason to always keep a box mix on hand…great for a last minute dessert (or craving!)

Wowza! These brownies look amazing! When I was a little girl I was even more addicted to marshmallows than I am now and I would always ask my parents to let me roast marshmallows over the stove. When they wouldn’t let me do that I’d take a marshmallow, cover it in peanut butter, and sprinkle with sprinkles and eat that. SO good!

I’ve totally become a s’mores FIEND lately and am looking for every and any way to get my fix. This is next. SWOON.

I have a WHITE stove. WHITE. Whoever thought that was a good idea, is a moron. And I totally clean it daily. (and by daily I mean…once in a blue moon.)

Yup….I’d bring the insulin to enjoy one these beauties! I recently went from the old coil style electric cooktop to the glass top and for the life of me, I don’t understand WHY it became more popular…it is a bitch to clean and pretty much even boiling water makes it dirty. Although, I did find a great way to keep it shiny ( because of all the things I don’t like about it, the streakiness is the worst!) I keep a spray bottle of plain water and use one of those microfiber clothes that you clean glass with with just water..not sure if it even has a name…but it’s soft and not fluffy towel like…it cleans the surface shiny and streak free…then I clean it like once a week with the scrub to get off baked in stuff…but ya, the coils were sooo much easier to clean.

I am like you…I totally am going for a gas range next time around….maybe a wolf! lol ( ok…now I’m dreaming)

I love a flat-top electric stove. I used to have a gas stove at my old apartment and I actually found it harder to clean because you have to take off all the burner-cover-thingys and then wip around all the crevices. It’s much easier to wipe down a flat surface, in my opinion. Plus it acts as extra workspace if you’re not using it. Granted if you get stuff caked onto it then the cleaning is a bit harder, but I use barkeeper’s friend on it and that works relatively well.

OMG I’ve never ever had s’mores ever but these look amazing. Will definitely need to bake them and give them to family members before I eat them all by myself.

Oh my gosh. I love brownies and I love smore’s…the two together? Amazing!! I absolutely love the broiling of the marshmallows for a real authentic s’mores look. Yum :D

Hi Kathleen! I think you could use cake, yep. I do think it would be better with brownies, though :)

Natalie: Absolutely! Just adjust the baking time accordingly and the rest is the same as far as “S’morsing” them ;)

8. Carman says

I just made these for a potluck at work. It was incredibly easy and I am sure it will be a real crowd pleaser. How in the heck do you come up with such amazing ideas?

Carman, I’m glad you found them to be simple…and without a doubt, they will be a hit! I take no credit for that recipe, just stumbled upon it online and knew I had to make them! The original recipe is from Betty Crocker. :)

9. bridget little says

i made these brownies for a going away party this last weekend. talk about a HUGE hit!! everyone loved the concept of combining brownies and smores. next time i make it im going to make it with caramel fill chocolate bars. YUMM.!!

10. catherine says

I use the oven to make s’mores…or rather just to roast marshmallows b/c I honestly could care less about the chocolate and graham crackers. Broiler on and marshmallows on a piece of foil for easy clean up. Just watch them so they don’t burn. Mini marshmallows are my favorite, they brown quickly and cool fast but are still gooey on the inside! YUMMY!!

11. Lauren says

Oh. My. Gosh. Are you TRYING to KILL me???!!!!!

Seriously considering licking the computer screen. If anyone needs me, I’m at the store buying brownie mix :D!!

12. mleslei says

I’m curious why you didn’t make the brownies from scratch other than it’s more convenient? Also, do you have to top the brownies with grahm crakcers to keep everything in tact? I think they would be great with a graham cracker pie crust bottom instead (not saying this version isn’t delicious, but I’d like to put my own twist).

Time savings. I’m not crazy about baking, so it was just a preference. Plus, these are rich enough without going the homemade route with all of the butter and additional chocolate…or at least how I make brownies! You can definitely do without the graham crackers on top.

13. Rachel says

I just made these and they turned out amazing!! <3 I used the ghiradelli triple chocolate brownie mix that i got fro costco and used less hersheys since the brownie mix already had chocolate chips. My sister already had 3 pieces…but they were extremely difficult to cut, the marshmallows kept sticking to the knife, any tips?

Hi Rachel! So glad you enjoyed these! I think using a wet kinfe may help…you could also refrigerate them for an hour before serving, cut, and then allow to come back to room temp (or serve cold). I hope that helps!

14. Jessir says

I made these with No judge fudge brownie which are only 120 calories as made. Super yummy and easy, just mix a vanilla yogurt and a teaspoon of vanilla extract together with the mix and your in low fat store heaven :)

15. Rachel says

I am fairly sure that the glass top ranges were created and popularized by people who don’t ever cook at home, let alone worry about cleaning the stove after using it.

16. Danielle Skinner says

Hi-

I’m going to a late afternoon BBQ tomorrow. If I make this in the am will they still be good by 5 or 6pm?

Thanks!

1. [...] Chex Mix) – A+ Skinny Double Chocolate Brownies – A Skinny Figgy Bars – B+ S’mores Brownies – A++ Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp – A+ Sweet Potato Rice Pudding – B White [...]