I came home from the grocery store on Sunday and Mr. Prevention watched me as I unloaded everything and put it in its proper place in the fridge, freezer, and pantry.
“What’s all that meat for?” he asked. “I’m out of town through Wednesday, remember?”
“Yeah, I know” I said. “I had a lot of recipes I wanted to make this week. I’ll take leftovers to work or freeze them.”
He hasn’t learned.
When he’s away…it may be when I enjoy cooking most. I can be something I enjoy – like Greek Stuffed Peppers and wild rice dishes with butternut squash. If I served him these meals, I’d catch a lot of heat, no doubt.
It just so happened that the recipes on my must-make list that Mr. P would turn his nose up to…included meat or seafood.
Lamb. Mussels. Mmmmm.
The last meal that wow-ed the husband is easy to recall, however. It was served last week. And he…was…in…heaven.
Buffalo + chicken = money. He’s not difficult to figure out…
I did appreciate that this recipe was incredibly simple and quick. I loved the spiciness of the chicken tenders after marinading in the buffalo sauce all day while we were at work. This meal does not lack flavor and the nutrition stats get a thumbs up!
- 1¼ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ Tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried chives
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cut the chicken breast into 1-inch strips (about 12). Add the chicken strips and buffalo sauce to a ziplock bag or bowl with a tight-fitting lid, toss to coat, and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Arrange a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and mist with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine the Panko breadcrumbs with remaining ingredients.
- Remove chicken strips one at a time from the buffalo sauce, allowing excess sauce to drip off. Dip each piece into the breadcrumbs and place on the wire rack. Repeat with remaining chicken strips.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until cooked through.
Half way through the week! Only 2 days until my first book signing! Can’t wait!