I used to so look forward to Fridays after work and sipping on a cold beer to wind down from the long work week. I’d generally try to get my workout out of the way in the morning and plan to just veg after work, gearing up for the weekend. I’ve never been the type to end a work week ready to go with tons of energy…by Fridays, I am toast. Especially with that whole morning workout thing…that never gets easier, I swear.
This entire weekend, so far, has been quite the veg fest.
I did manage my Friday AM workout, but I didn’t get to work until nearly 9am because nothing in my closet seemed to look half-way decent. That period of weight gain without looking really pregnant is an unfortunate one, but I know I’m not the only woman to ever struggle through this transition period.
I happily bounded to tennis this morning. I always like to complain about the 9am start and “having” to set an alarm, but the truth is, I’m always up with plenty of time to spare. The problem was when I got home, showered, and then continued to nap away half the day…well, most of the day, actually. I napped in 3 different rooms of the house and if I’m being perfectly honest, it was glorious. I’d pick up my Kindle, read a few pages, and fall back to sleep. I rarely nap, so to more-or-less make a day of it, may be a first.
Tomorrow I’ll endeavor to be a bit more active, however. My OB on Wednesday informed me that he’d like me to gain 15 pounds throughout my pregnancy and with 5-6 of those already on, this is going to be challenging. With the absence of hockey and running, my activity has gone from 5 days of high intensity workouts to 3-4 days of light-to-moderate activity and I have no doubt that that is the cause of the weight gain so far. In addition to bacon. Why, oh why must this baby love bacon? Smart baby.
While I endeavor to keep my pregnancy cravings under control, I share with you more bacon. Heck, even without, there’s something about guacamole + cheddar cheese that is delicious…and yes, a little healthier, too.
- 8 (1 oz) slices sourdough bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 12 pieces bacon, cooked
- 4 slices 2% cheddar cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat a griddle to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the back of a fork until fairly smooth. Spread avocado on one slice of bread. Top with tomato, bacon, and then cheese. Top with a second slice of bread. Repeat with remaining ingredients to create 4 sandwiches.
- Mist the griddle with olive oil cooking spray and transfer sandwiches to the hot griddle; cook 2-4 minutes per side or until slightly golden and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Weekly Menu: April 27th – May 1st
- Sunday: Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp
- Monday: Greek Nachos
- Tuesday: homemade pizzas – I’m thinking BBQ Chicken…
- Wednesday: Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Thursday: at a conference
Our anatomy scan is scheduled for 5/23 — I hope the baby cooperates so we can find out of Baby P is a he or a she
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Lily girl. Hard to believe she’s 5 today!