I’m trying something new — photos with no black and white boarders. They look naked and it’s weird! But, change is good. Or can be good.
I think I freak Mr. Prevention out every time I say, “This may be our last time doing blahblahblah or going to blahblahblah before Shea is here.”
Or I’ll say, “Eighty-two days to go…less than twelve weeks.”
It’s like he breaks into a cold sweat and he sees his life as he knows it flash before his eyes.
As as we were sitting on the beach today I was reading aloud parts of my baby book I thought he’d find interesting.
Newborns sleep approximately 16 hours a day. He seemed to like that fact.
Newborns also cry about 2 hours a day and by the age of 6 months, they cry 3 hours a day, on average.
My personal favorite: by the end of year 1, a baby has gone through approximately 3,000 diapers (8.2 per day).
Change isn’t always easy…and it’s often a little scary. But not always.
Just the same as last year, Wednesday mornings are like Christmas when my CSA box arrives on my front porch. I get to plow through the box and brainstorm what I’ll do with all the beautiful, organic loot that will soon fuel my body with all of its nutritiousness. But at the beginning of the CSA season (which it is currently, being that this is Michigan and all), I get a TON of leafy greens and quickly run out of ways to enjoy them.
Last year, I did a lot of salads and pastas. This year, I’m enjoying pesto for the time being. I’ve detoured from the traditional basil only version of this classic and wow, I’ve been missing out.
- 4½ oz fresh arugula
- 4 oz fresh basil1
- ½ cup pistachios
- 1½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, food prep, or blender. Scrape down the sides, as needed to incorporate all ingredients fully. Use as desired, such as over pasta, in dips, as an appetizer, etc.
Weekly Menu: July 20th – July 24th
- Sunday: Marinara and Goat Cheese-Stuffed Zucchini with leftover Arugula-Basil Pesto
- Monday: Braised Balsamic Chicken with sauteed yellow squash (from the garden!)
- Tuesday: Buffalo Chicken Lasagna (from the freezer) with salad (from CSA)
- Wednesday: Spicy Honey Mustard Chicken Stir-Fry
- Thursday: leftover Carnitas and Avocado Tostadas (carnitas from the freezer…recipe soon!)
I’m heading out for a run/walk before I lose all motivation…the beach does that to a girl!
P.S. Soooo sorry for the long downtime. I’m getting some upgrades worked on that will make Prevention RD faster, better, and prettier Thanks for your patience