The vibe at home is weird. It’s a 3 day weekend and we have…nothing to do (no internet, either…x2 days already!). Yesterday wasn’t beach weather so it was this odd day of nothingness. I am experiencing a lot of swelling and my OB’s orders were “to do less”…so I’m trying to oblige. But I find that when I’m in a complete and total relaxation mode, all I want to do is doze off. And even a pregnant woman can only sleep so much!
On the floor cuddling with Lily. After a shower as I just happen to fall into bed. On the couch. On the porch. In the hammock as I try to plow though a great but REALLY long book. Sleep, sleep, sleep. Not even the U.S. Open is holding my attention and that’s saying something. I love watching tennis!
We have continued to chip away at all of the baby STUFF assembly. We’ve never purchased so many D batteries before. Everything that moves or soothes a baby requires batteries, it seems. And neither of us quite have the knack for assembly – swings, pack-n-plays, strollers…why doesn’t anything come assembled!? I’d sure pay an up-charge for that luxury!
And let me just say how grateful I am to have the nursery complete. With an 8 month belly in front of me (hopefully this link to one of my maternity photos works!), any type of movement is…a chore. I huff and puff from just living. And while no woman would change creating life…creating life is not easy!
What have we been eating? Simple stuff. Stuff that requires minimal effort and even less dishes.
For such requests, Pinterest is a saving grace. Finding quick meals is not only great for I-need-off-my-feet times of desperation, but also times of oh-my-gosh-I-have-a-newborn, as well. I mean, I’m assuming…rather safely assuming, I’m sure. Plus, Labor Day weekend is a time to cram in all of the grilling and to continue doing so until the elements demand otherwise. Less dishes, remember!
- 2 (4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 3 Tbsp light prepared Caesar dressing
- Preheat grill to 400 F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Top each piece of grilled chicken with 1 ounce of sliced mozzarella and 1½ tablespoons Caesar dressing.
- Assemble sandwiches with the prepared chicken, lettuce, and tomato. Serve immediately.
Weekly Menu: August 31st – September 4th
- Sunday: Chilaquiles and Eggs
- Monday: Roasted Hatch Chile & Chicken Enchiladas
- Tuesday: Lemon Pepper Flank Steak Tacos with Cabbage and Mango Slaw
- Wednesday: leftovers
- Thursday: baked potatoes with Texas-Style Chili
Time to get ready for the beach 😀