While productive, this weekend hasn’t exactly been relaxing. Mark is back from his second international business trip of the month and the night before he got back, I was up with a very sick Piper from 4am onward. Sick babies are the worst – I felt so terrible…for both of us!
With Mark on India time and me being sleep deprived from a long night with the baby and a long week of single parenting and work, we were both shocked to have made it through several episodes of Big Brother off the DVR and it was past 10pm when we crawled into bed.
Saturday was pretty much a play day – family trip up to South Haven for the farmer’s market, a long run during nap time, and date night to a brewery for pizza before meeting up with friends on a rooftop for drinks and dessert. We were planning to watch the Mayweather fight, but learned that the fight wouldn’t actually start until nearly midnight EST. We were long passed out by then!
Today, Sunday, started with a to-do list. Piper’s 1st birthday preparations have begun and we had pickles and pesto to make from our garden yield…plus everything else weekend-y like laundry, groceries, lunches, etc. Bleck!
We finished off the weekend with play time at the sandy park with efforts to fly a kite (unsuccessful). The girls had their weekly bath (ha!) after dinner and we all cuddled in bed watching Frozen (of course!) before bed. Love those snuggles.
My time in the kitchen today didn’t stop and just pickles and pesto, though. I also made a second peach crisp and this time, per the request of dear Instagram friends, I measured the ingredients and jotted it down to post. I absolutely love fruit crisps and Michigan peaches have been amazing this year! Enjoy!
- 14 medium peaches, pitted and cut into 1.5-inch chunks
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or white wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil (solid)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mist a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place diced peaches in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the corn starch and sugar; mix until corn starch is well-incorporated and soaked into the peaches. Spread the peaches evenly in the baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon until well-combined. Add the coconut oil to the bowl and using your hands, massage the oats into the coconut oil until coconut oil is evenly distributed throughout the oats and the mixture is pebble-like in consistency.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly over the peaches and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Weekly Menu: August 27th – 31th
- Sunday: tilapia with One Pot Mushroom Rice
- Monday: Easy Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Tuesday: Caprese Pesto Spaghetti
- Wednesday: Chicken Summer Vegetable Tostadas
- Thursday: leftovers