Don’t think for a second that this is some bizarre pregnancy craving. This is legit, amazing food. And why people will turn up their noses to goat cheese…well, I’ll never understand. Goat cheese is just…dreamy.
Also dreamy is the thought of days I could sleep without 8 bathroom breaks each night (if you think I’m exaggerating, well, you’re wrong. Sadly.) Or the nights when we didn’t have to have so much white noise to mask my snoring. Or what about eating Tums like they’re magic jelly beans at 3am? Yeah, dreamy. As miraculous and beautiful as creating life truly is…it comes with unpleasantness, too.
I sit at my desk and by 3pm I could fall asleep right then and there. Shoot, I think I could fall asleep standing at times.
Most days I try to hit the gym or do SOMETHING to break a sweat, but I’ll be honest…that’s getting harder and harder to do. I’ve come to rely on my personal trainer, our appointments, and his encouragement to get me through a few workouts each week. This poor 25-year-old stud muffin had no idea what he was getting himself into when we started our training months ago. Trainers probably aren’t accustomed to having their clients get rounder and heavier and less fit by the week, but he gives me lots of words of encouragement…which is just what I need.
By dinner time, it’s time for whatever will come together in 15 minutes or less. I used to think 30 minutes was a quick meal, but these days, that number is cut in half. And sadly, dishes still won’t wash themselves or magically relocate to the dishwasher. But I stay hopeful.
By 8pm, I’m generally perched on my yoga ball with my baby belly hanging out, rocking from side-to-side and front-to-back trying to find some relief from all the baby PRESSURE. Mr. Prevention generally laughs at my pathetic state and rarely fulfills my requests for a back rub while I grumble about wanting to eat something more…but not get indigestion.
That said, these Blueberry Pizzas with Honeyed Goat Cheese and Prosciutto are worth suffering the worst indigestion in the world (not that they would cause any unless you’re super duper pregnant). Just…yum. So very yum (and ready in 15 minutes with very little hands-on time!).
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 pieces naan or flatbread
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- 3 oz prosciutto, thinly shaved
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and honey until well blended. Spread the goat cheese mixture over the surface of the naan, evenly dividing between the 3 pieces. Top each pizza with ¼ cup blueberries and bake for 10-12 minutes or until naan becomes just golden.
- Remove from the oven and add prosciutto and thyme to each pizza. Sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper, if desired. Slice and serve.
Heeey, Thursday! Glad you’re here already Four day work week – lovin’ it.