I am amazed by the responses from my last post. You are all so abundantly sweet and in-tune with the importance of health over numbers. I appreciate the support of me being not only a dietitian, but an imperfect person who struggles with weight, as well. Of all posts and responses, my last is most memorable. THANK YOU!
I have to say that 2009 was such a joyous, blessed year for me, and that while I have high hopes for 2010, the new year has some mongo shoes to fill. Recap of 2009…
- graduated grad school!
- wrote and published a thesis!
- passed the RD exam!
- got my first job as an RD, which I love!
- got married and had a fairytale wedding!
- honeymooned in beautiful Puerto Vallarta!
- bought our first home!
- moved from Chicago to Tulsa safely and without haphazard!
- my husband and I are together on the same continent — no more Italy-to-Chicago love!
- earned 280 hours towards my CDE credential!
- we had our first baby — Lily the bulldog!
- became the owner of a treadmill!
- I started a blog which has quickly gained readers!
Whew! I think I got it all. It’s been a busy, wonderful year! What I have NOT done this year is continued to put a heavy emphasis on myself, which is my “resolution” for 2010. In 2010 I want to…
- fit in exercise AT LEAST 4 days a week, every week
- continue trying new, healthy recipes (one recipe a week!)
- run a half marathon
- obtain a weight that I feel energized at
- continue blogging about nutrition
- earn 500 hours towards the CDE credential
I was feeling adamantly against putting my 2010 resolutions for the world to see, but what could BE better accountability!? New years resolutions are not made only to be broken this year!
This evening, our NYE plans consist of PJ’s and making some fun appetizers! I haven’t been cooking at all as we’ve been traveling for nearly the past 2 weeks! Needless to say, I’m looking forward to trying some new appetizer recipes and enjoying a bottle of champagne with hubby!
For those procrastinators, or those new to Prevention RD, your recipe submissions to the Prevention Cookbook MUST be received by midnight tonight! Those who participate with receive an electronic copy of the cookbook, as well as a chance to win a cookbook (authored by a dietitian and blogger!) and a mega prize giveaway! All recipe entries should be sent to [email protected]. Go here for more details!
I leave you with a Lily video. This is she and her “dog uncle”, Jake.
And Sarah is having a cookbook giveaway on her blog! Check it out!
Question: What was your biggest accomplishment in 2009? Do you have any big blog plans for 2010?
Happy 2010, everyone! Be safe!