Firstly, I have to praise you guys for such insightful, meaningful responses to my last post. You amaze me! It appears most all of us could stand to improve our intuitive eating and foodship. I was thinking of you ALL when I wanted another coconut bite last night! I held off for 10 minutes, drank some water, conversated, and I did still want that coconut bite…so I had one! My Christmas dinner is pictured below + a green salad (not pictured). I did pretty well, I think!
Question: Did you exercise intuitive eating after that friendly reminder? Did you improve your holiday “foodship” from last year?
Anyways, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday! It is certainly white in Chicago!
Our Christmas was wonderful, and filled with…
Mom wanted to know if her Italian Christmas dinner was blog-worthy. Answer: HECK YES! It was wonderful, mama!
One of my favorite gifts was something I stole from a good game of Dirty Santa — Christmas mini dishes and bowls. The mini dishes look like boobs!
We also received custom wedding ornaments (so cute!), University of Illinois ornaments, games, and the down comforter we’ve wanted for our bed.
And I think most of you recall, Mark and I got one another a treadmill for Christmas. Love it! I haven’t gotten a workout in since Tuesday evening, but my brother and I are headed to the tennis club after lunch!
The deadline for the Prevention Cookbook is quickly approaching now! The Prevention Cookbook is currently packed with over 70 bloggie-inspired recipes!! You submit a recipe (email to Mrs.RD44@gmail.com), and you receive a cookbook AND a chance to win this giveaway package!
So here’s what I’m thinkin’ for the Prevention Cookbook…
- If you submit at least 1 recipe, you will receive a copy of the “cookbook”.
- If you submit at least 1 recipe, you will win 1 entry into a giveaway drawing (TBD as to what the prize will be, but I ASSURE you, it will be worth copying, pasting, and emailing me a favorite recipe!).
- If you submit a recipe to one of several “categories”, you win additional entries into the giveaway. Two recipes….2 entries…three recipes…3 entries, and so on*. And, of course, our recipe book grows.
- Your blog site/name will be associated with your recipe(s) — hello, blog traffic! (Side note: Heretofore, don’t pick a horrible recipe!)
- Recipes should be relatively healthy (i.e. lard is bad, canola oil is good). If you have the nutritional information for your recipe, each recipe you enter wins you an ADDITIONAL entry for a total of 2 entries each and a total of 12 entries!
- Email me your recipe(s) by January 1, 2010 (WEIRD, 2010!) to Mrs.RD44@gmail.com
Recipe categories will be:
- appetizer and hors d’oeuvres
- entree and main dishes
- casseroles and side dishes
- desserts and sweets
On January 1st, participants can expect a cookbook filled with delicious recipes delivered straight to their inbox, helping to start the new year right! Get to sendin’!
Thank you for such a great response to the cookbook, I am so excited to get to cookin’!
Who’s heading out to SHOP today??!
Not me. Be safe!