The wonderful and inspiring Tasha of The Clean Eating Mama passed this award on to me. Thank you, Tasha! So flattered!
The sunshine award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blog world.
I try to keep up with as many blogs as I can squeeze in because they all inspire me! I’d like to pass this award on to a few bloggers who I’ve enjoyed ideas and recipes from as of late:
- Biz of Biggest Diabetic Loser
- Faith of An Edible Mosaic
- Heather of Get Healthy with Heather
- Joanne of Eats Well With Others
- Kelly of Healthy Living with Kelly
- Katie of Health for the Whole Self
- Liz of In The Skinny
And Faith of An Edible Mosaic awarded me the Beautiful Blogger Award! Thank you, Faith! I received this award from Holly early last month, and I am tickled to receive it again! If you haven’t checked out Faith’s blog, do so! I just love it!
Instructions for the award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Paste the award on your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award.
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself.
5. Nominate 7 bloggers or less.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated.
Hmmm 7 things about me that aren’t enough to bore you to tears…
- I have a true weakness for donuts. It’s unhealthy how much I LOVE them!
- I am one of those weirdos who loves the treadmill — I can knock out TV viewing and exercise all in one!
- I consume most of my calories before dinner. I exercise in the evenings and after a workout, my appetite is low. The following morning, however…watch out!
- I struggle with over-eating in social situations and at restaurants. I’m working on this and it will likely always be a works in progress!
- I was 5’2 until recently when I grew to a whoppin’ 5’3!
- Dishes are the house chore I hate most! And I hate all house chores, so that says a lot!
- I’m deathly allergic to to a plant called marijuana!
I would like to pass this award on to the following 7 fabulous, sweet bloggers who always leave me comments that make my day, everyday:
- Anna of Oats N Boats
- Stef of More to Life Than Lettuce
- Andrea of Can You Stay For Dinner?
- Tina of Faith, Fitness, and Fun
- Em of Homecooked Em
- Katie of Faith Food & Fitness
- Gina of The Candid RD
I also did something very un-healthy yesterday — I made truffles! While they were delicious, and I made some healthy modifications, they were still pretty harsh nutrition stats. But for a special occasion, and in moderation…yum!
Cookie Dough Truffles adapted from A Pinch of This and A Dash of That
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information (per truffle): 208 calories; 9 grams of fat; 7 mg. cholesterol; 41 mg. sodium; 29 g. carbohydrate; 0.8 g. fiber; 1.8 g. protein
I blame Cassie for this indulgence! She always posts the most delicious-looking and sounding desserts! When I found out we were having guests over tonight after dinner, I knew exactly what to make 🙂
I am now off to play 2 hockey games in hopes of burning off the 4 truffles I ate last night! I should’ve calculated the nutrition stats before I ate 4, let’s just say that much! Eeek!
Question: What’s your favorite truffle chocolate?