My sister-in-law and in-laws are all here…spoiling Shea. And Lily.
Shea got cuddles galore and Lily got to go to the dog park.
And me? I got to lay in bed with my laptop, my Kindle, the TV, and of course, a pillow. I literally had no idea what to do with myself. TOO. MANY. CHOICES!
What did I do? I typed up this amazing recipe to share with you.
Friends, I am that committed to you. I am wed to this blog and to sharing amazing food with the foodies of the world. In case you ever doubted that. Unlikely the case, but there is your affirmation.
Do you see the decent-ish pictures of this dish? The pasta is always a sure bet, but then the scallops? AND shrimp? AND sausage? AND the creamy not-so-sinful cream sauce? Oh my goodness, this is protein heaven meets carb heaven in one knock-your-socks-off dish.
There’s good food and then there’s not-so-great food. And sometimes, there’s AMAZING food. This dish falls into the latter. Phenomenal, I tell you. Assuming, of course, that you enjoy the same kind of food as me – some heat (hello, blackened seasoning and lots of it!), some meat (no need to choose – you get scallops, shrimp, and sausage in this one!), and some carb (paaaaaaasta!).
And before you go thinking that this goodness comes with a hefty time commitment…it’s a quick meal, too!
- 1 lb uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb (about 4 links) spicy turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp blackening seasoning, divided
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
- ¾ cup half and half
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- In a large pot, bring 4+ quarts of water to a rolling boil; add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the scallops and shrimp with half of the blackened seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a LARGE pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add chopped sausage and cook for 4-5 minutes; remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan/wok and once hot, add the bell pepper and saute 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add the scallops and shrimp; cook 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and sausage, cooking an additional 1-2 minutes; drain any excess liquid. Add half and half, and remaining 1½ tablespoons blackened seasoning; heat for 1-2 minutes.Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the pasta to absorb liquid. Serve hot, topped with green onion.
No weekly menu because I’ll be hangin’ with the fam this week 😉