Sometimes, all I want is for someone to tell me their most favorite recipe as of late. It makes meal planning easy breezy to know you’re making a bunch of winning recipes.
Then there’s weeks like this week, where I extended the weekend into Monday (because I went to Vegas with my girlfriend and did fun things like win money, see “O” for the second time, and eat Emeril Lagasse’s famous barbecue shrimp while washing it down with a phenomenal malbec – rough weekend, guys!)…and have no motivations whatsoever to cook, meal plan, or even grocery shop.
You can see the back of my refrigerator. That never happens. It’s kind of scary what gets shoved to the back and forgotten about, at which point things get tossed and then the refrigerator is really bare. If I had an ounce of motivation when it comes to cleaning, it would be a great opportunity to remove the last few items and actually wipe down the shelves, but…naaaaaaaaaah.
I’ll use that ounce of motivation to clean the 62 bottles that have piled up in the sink.
Speaking of little ones and eating (we won’t talk moving because the little chick refuses to crawl, scoot, or move in any way other than going from her belly and back to a sitting position), Shea’s favorite foods are slowly emerging. If volume consumed and her eager mouth being wide open for bite after bite are tell-tale, mashed potatoes are definitely her favorite food to date.
Last night, she also devoured Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo that I’d pulled from the freezer.
She also loved these Taco Pancakes (hold the jalapenos in her portion). Husband-approved, baby-approved, and easy to make…I understand why they were recommended to me as a favorite dinner recipe!
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1½ cups 2% Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos, diced
- Brown beef in a medium skillet over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning and water, cook an additional 5 minutes or until water fully absorbs; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together corn meal, flour, eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir in taco meat, cheese and jalapeños.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the hot surface in ¼ cup scoops. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve topped with salsa, sour cream and lettuce, if desired.
I am so happy you were able to have a girls weekend and to win money? That’s icing on the cake! I had those shrimp at Epcot in Florida at his restaurant, if I could have licked the plate I would have!
Love the idea of this – but I’d probably eat it for breakfast with a fried egg on top 😀
This idea is pure gold. Tacos + traditional breakfast food = <3
We had these bowls for dinner, again, and I’m obsessed! I usually marinade the chicken when I’m home for lunch, and today I grilled the chicken because it’s almost ruined my pans. So worth it though 🙂
Whoo hoo! Portable savoury breakfast!!
I am all over these!
So is there a doughnut variant in the works? Sour cream filled, salsa topped taco doughnut…yum! These pancakes were super yummy too!
Yummy! Nice change from the same old boring dinners. Mine did not turn out very “pretty” but they tasted great.