Remember how I credited my FitBit for my healthier pregnancy?
S’more are like the opposite of all of that. Yes, I knew was pregnant (before a pregnancy test could even confirm) when I wanted Subway…but in these past few weeks, the baby wants s’mores. Daily.
In short, my 10,000+ steps a day are simply negating the damage of my s’mores…but ya know, it’s working. I told Mr. Prevention that as soon as my weight starts to leap up, I’ll give up my nightly s’more. But until then, s’more on!
I told my mommy friend one night at dinner how I am several weeks into a serious s’more craving and the next morning, she was sending me this recipe she’d run across online.
Next, I got an update. “OMG, the batter is so good!”
And then another update, “I’ve made these cookies twice now…you have to make them!”
Last weekend, when we had company for dinner, I knew exactly what to make for dessert. The only issue was one we all faced – not eating them ALL.
In fairness, they are small. But…there is absolutely nothing healthy to boast about when it comes to these cookies. They’re just straight up summer s’more cookie deliciousness that you should strongly consider making. To share.
TO SHARE, remember. Even if you could very well eat all 3 1/2 dozen just as I could’ve (but didn’t. somehow.)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed. Beat in the vanilla and egg until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt; whisk well.
- With the stand mixer on medium speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1-inch balls of dough onto the baking sheets and bake for 7-9 minutes or until just golden.
- Sunday: cookout!
- Monday: Creamy Broccoli, Chicken, and Bacon Pasta
- Tuesday: Steel Cut Oat Apple Blender Pancakes with chicken sausage
- Wednesday: leftovers
- Thursday: 20 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp with mixed veggies + quinoa/brown rice