I’ve been watching more TV than usual – I’m several days behind in watching the French Open on Tennis Channel and my DVR is giving me messages that it’s nearly full. Of course there’s the guilt of there being warm temperatures and more productive things to be doing, coupled with the fact that any time the TV is on, Shea is convinced Mickey Mouse Clubhouse should be on.
Other than knowing Serena Williams didn’t win, I’m anxious to find out the rest.
Somewhat fortunately for my tennis watching, the weather this weekend has not been *as* beautiful as last weekend’s. We’ve had some rain, cooler temperature (not complaining now that the air conditioning is off), and some overcast skies.
Needless to say, it hasn’t been beach weather and when it comes to convincing a beach bum of a dog that it isn’t nice enough for the beach…yeah, good luck. And with that, a toddler that is always asking for, “outside!”…let’s just say that at one point yesterday, she was running laps around the car in the garage. Literally.
Sometimes when I’m at work, I can’t wait for the weekend and sometimes over the weekend, it feels like Monday will never come. What gives, right?
I’ve got a quick and easy line-up this week for dinner…with the exception of tonight. I’m going to spoil us a bit with a Gumbo-Laya meal that caught my eye. Otherwise, we’re doing things on the QUICK this week. Aaaaaaaamen!
And with that, it’s time I shared the secret that is this recipe with y’all. It’s everything you love about spinach artichoke dip (made healthier, of course), thrown on top of one of my most favorite proteins: salmon! I’m telling you, this recipe is nothing short of amazing…and easy. I know you’ll love it, too!
- 4 (6 oz) fresh salmon fillets
- 4 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp salt + black pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke heart quarters, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the salmon (skin-side down, if applicable) on a baking sheet. Roast for 6-8 minutes or until the outside is opaque and the inside is still under-cooked.
- While the salmon is roasting, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the spinach for 30-60 seconds or until wilted; drain any excess water by gently squeezing. To the wilted and drained spinach, add the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Add the chopped artichoke and mix until combined.
- Top each salmon filet with the artichoke mixture, covering the entire surface of the filet, and bake an additional 4-6 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to desired doneness and the artichoke mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.
- Sunday: “Gumbo-Laya”
- Monday: Pesto Spinach Tortellini with Shrimp
- Tuesday: breakfast for dinner – scrambled eggs and hashbrowns
- Wednesday: grilled cheese w/ veggies
- Thursday: leftovers
- Friday: Satay Chicken Noodle Salad