I’m totally bummed the weekend is over. It flew by and before I knew it, I hadn’t meal planned or grocery shopped and I was writing a very detailed grocery list to send hubby to the store with. I crossed my fingers that he showed back up with…most of the right things.
While he was grocery shopping, I was making zoodles for the week. We have about 3-4 zucchinis a day coming from the garden and I’m having to get creative. You’ll know what I mean when you see my weekly menu below 😉
Before zoodle-making, the weekend was filled with lots of fun stuff. Friday afternoon started with an ultrasound where I got to see baby girl. She was measuring 4 lbs 13 oz (72nd %ile) and all looked good! I didn’t get any pictures because her arms and hands were covering her face the entire time.
I’ve got a set meal plan this week and I’ve got to follow it – my fridge has absolutely no leftovers (and GOBS of fruit!). Packing lunches for the week will be a challenge without leftovers for now. I’m wishing I had some of this delicious Satay Chicken Noodle Salad for a healthy, filling start to the week.
This all-in-one salad offers up loads of flavor, color, and textures. Better yet, the salad can be served cold, at room temperature, or warm – whatever you prefer! I promise – you will LOVE it!
- ⅓ cup creamy, natural peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1½ Tbsp sriracha
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 10 oz uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 8 oz (~4 cups) broccoli slaw
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and well-combined; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil over high heat. Add shaghetti and cook until al dente; rinse with room temperature water, drain, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the broccoli slaw and red cabbage; toss well. Add the cooked spaghetti and combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the curry powder, soy sauce, and olive oil. Add the sliced chicken and toss well to coat the chicken.
- Heat the olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned and cooked through; transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
- Drizzle the dressing over the spaghetti-slaw mixture and toss well to coat. Add chicken and re-toss. Serve with chopped peanuts at any temperature.
Lots of zucchini on the menu – the garden is bountiful!
- Sunday: zoodles with marinara and baguette
- Monday: crock pot salsa chicken made into chicken tostadas
- Tuesday: Zucchini Waffles
- Wednesday: Zucchini and Black Bean Burritos
- Thursday: Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Skewers with Smoky Paprika Glaze and sweet potato fries