Have we all survived Christmas?
Christmas has definitely become more fun since having kids…and my kiddos are still too young to get the concept of Santa! Next year, however, I think Christmas will turn into the full production. We did change things up this year and had Christmas day at our house with the grandparents, aunt, and uncle. I made homemade cinnamon rolls (OH MY GOSH, YUM!) and we had a long nosh session on tons of appetizers with everyone contributing a little something. It was perfect!
Everyone in our house is feeling a bit indulgent and we’ve been busy pinning healthy recipes and perusing cookbooks for new, delicious recipes to try. This time every year, we’re ready to wave goodbye to all the sweets for a bit and delve into healthier fare.
Healthier fare that’s also super easy to prepare and still tastes great, however.
We’ve made this recipe several times, the first time being back when we remodeled our kitchen. Even without an actual kitchen, the preparation of this recipe is easy peasy and the ingredient list is simple, yet flavorful.
I am a bit behind in sharing this recipe because photographing it wasn’t easy. I mean, let’s be honest, it isn’t exactly a good-looking recipe. But, trust me when I say this family-pleaser is delicious and only 317 calories per serving! Enjoy!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz mini bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ tsp salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups egg noodles
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Combine onions, garlic, mushrooms, and cubed chicken in the crock pot and season with salt and pepper; mix and set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, wine, and flour until thoroughly combined. Pour over chicken mixture and add bay leaf on top.
- Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 4 to 4½ hours or HIGH for 2½ to 3 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in egg noodles, cover, and cook an additional 25-30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in yogurt. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.