Did I tell you guys I was gifted a second department (Out-Patient Nutrition Services) at work? Yeah, that happened. It’s a wonderful opportunity, but my work days have gone from busy to BANANAS. My coworker joked on Thursday morning that she was surprised to see me show back up after the day I had on Wednesday.
Yep, it was one of those weeks. I took my gym bag on Monday morning and it sat under my desk ALL week long. Untouched. On Thursday evening, I brought it back home and I guess I’m not sure why…it’s going back with me to work tomorrow.
It was ideal timing for my “mommy helper” to start last week. More on her soon, but she’s worthy of an entire post of her own. Just knowing someone was at the house to have let the dog out was a huge weight off my shoulders. Because with a week like last week, of course hubby was traveling for 2 of the nights.
And it probably goes without saying that Piper had shown promise for improved sleep, but she has regressed back to her twice-a-night wake-ups. I usually see her pretty face around 1am and 4:30am. WILL I EVER SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT AGAIN?
I’ve had to continue to tweak my routine – the evenings have improved some while the mornings have regressed. The mornings are so unpredictable and I always prioritize my latte ahead of my breakfast. #sorrynotsorry This mama has only survived the past 6 months with thanks to caffeine.
What I did best during our Whole30 challenge was planning ahead. Not just dinner, but EVERY meal. Otherwise, we’d have gone hungry. These Pizza Egg Muffins were a favorite of my mother-in-law’s and so we were sure to make them, too. But because finding Whole30 compliant sausage can be incredibly difficult, this recipe uses a homemade sausage crumble that is seasoned to perfection. Enjoy!
- ¾ lb ground chicken breast
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried sage
- ¼ tsp fennel
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 9 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped or julienned
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mist muffin tin with olive oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground chicken, salt, pepper, sage, fennel, onion powder, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes; mix with your hands to fully incorporate spices evenly throughout.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the chicken mixture and cook for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through, breaking up with a wooden spoon into a coarse crumble; set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, garlic, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and salt. Mix in chicken sausage crumbles and stir to combine.
- Fill each muffin well ¾ full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until set. Allow to cool for several moments before removing from muffin tin and serving.
Weekly Menu: March 12th – 16th
- Sunday: Artichoke and Spinach Strata with salad
- Monday: Spinach, Cheese, and Bacon Bread Puddings with salad
- Tuesday: Broccoli, Cheddar, and Brown Rice Cakes with roasted asparagus
- Wednesday: leftovers
- Thursday: Tortellini, Chicken, and Arugula Salad