I’ve got a serious case of the Sundays. According to hubby, I’ve been “moody” all day…and I can’t really disagree. My dad is currently in surgery having his gallbladder removed and if that isn’t enough to being in a bad mood about, it hasn’t stopped raining since Friday night.
And I HATE rain. I’m daydreaming of vacation which is exactly where I’ll be a week from today.
After church was just a day of blah. Laundry, groceries, lunch packing, baths (1 out of 2 kids, anyway), and what didn’t get done? My workout. Instead I caved when Mark proposed a trip to Sam’s Club…during Shea’s nap time.
DISASTER. As predicted. There were most definitely two complete meltdowns in Sam’s and at one point on the 50 minute drive home, both girls were crying…and we were still 25 minutes from home. Sam’s didn’t even have samples today – what the heck!? What bribes do I have for better toddler behavior?
So, $235 later, I had crossed 2 items off my grocery list, it was 5pm, and we had not a drop of milk in the house for the milk-loving toddler. After we unloaded all of the Sam’s groceries, Mark ran out to the grocery store while the girls and I tried to make our own fun by way of a dance party. Admittedly, it was lots of fun on this not-so-fun Sunday.
Our menu this week is basic. Quick and easy. Just like this recipe – basic, quick, easy. But delicious and healthy. Spring-y and light, too!
- 1 (9 oz) pkg cheese tortellini, cooked according to directions
- 1 lb rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2½ Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 oz (3 handfuls) baby arugula or spring mix
- ⅓ cup shallot, thinly sliced
- ¾ oz (~1/4 cup) Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Place cooked tortellini and chicken in a large bowl. Top with arugula and shallot.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until well-combined. Pour over arugula mixture and gently toss to coat ingredients well.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Weekly Menu: March 26th – March 30th
- Sunday: salad with leftover Biggest Loser “Fried” Chicken
- Monday: One Skillet Mexican Rice Casserole
- Tuesday: breakfast for dinner – pancakes, bacon, and fruit
- Wednesday: Peanut Sesame Noodles
- Thursday: leftovers