Hi, Happy Easter!
I apologize for…not blogging. Ironically, my reason for not blogging (other than a crazy busy job and 2 crazy, young kids) is that I’ve been preparing for a conference I’ll be speaking at in 3 weeks…on the topic of blogging. Oh the irony! I can’t remember the last time I have gone a week without blogging. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. xoxo
And not just preparing for this presentation on blogging, but we’re seriously toying with the idea of adopting an English bulldog who needs a home. Can we really be a house of 5 girls, 2 of which will be snoring, demanding, stinky, lovable English bulldogs? GOD, WHERE IS MY BILLBOARD? Please help a sister out with this one.
Before going out for dinner last night, we went to meet her. The ride over included a conversation along the lines of, “We’re not going to be able to say ‘no’ after seeing her…”
And then of course she was SO cute. More active than our Lily and we have some reservations, but…we could give her a good home. Again, I’ll ask…GOD, WHERE IS MY BILLBOARD?
Not just dog problems, but problems involving laziness in the kitchen. I’ll be honest here. The kitchen and I have this love-hate thing going on right now. Because cooking means dishes and dishes means effort and between life and laundry and STUFF…yeah, I just need to sleep through the night. WILL MY CHILD EVER SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT?! Vacation feels like eons ago already (wth!).
When quick and easy meets with healthy and delicious… JACKPOT. Yourewelcomeinadvance that your search engine need not be filled with search terms like, “healthy meals in minutes (for real)”…because that totally happened when meal planning this week. Don’t you love when recipe sources LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH (fingers, whatever) about time!? I feel like jumping through the screen and yelling how wronged I feel, now that I’ve planned, grocery shopped, and avoided snacking to satisfy my hunger while dinner takes 5x longer than the recipe stated.
#rantover Mexican Salmon Cakes with Mango Relish to the rescue!
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 (6 oz) cans wild-caught salmon, drained
- ¼ cup avocado oil mayonnaise*
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt and black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the bell pepper and cook 4-5 minutes or until softened; transfer to a large bowl.
- To the bell pepper, add the salmon, mayonnaise, cumin, minced onion, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix until well-combined. Shape the salmon mixture into 9 patties, using ~1/4 cup mixture a piece.
- To the skillet used to cook the bell pepper, add the remaining 3 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, cook the patties 4-5 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Meanwhile, combine all relish ingredients together in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Serve hot salmon cakes with mango relish.
*use a Whole30-compliant brand or consider making your own, if desiring Whole30 compliance
Weekly Menu: April 16th – 20th
- Sunday: leftovers
- Monday: Grilled Balsamic Vegetables and Goat Cheese Pasta Salad
- Tuesday: Grilled BBQ Chicken and Pineapple sandwiches with sweet potato fries
- Wednesday: Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Thursday: Grilled BBQ Chicken Salads