- 2 small spaghetti squash (about 1½ lbs each)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated (about ¼ cup)
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup), divided
- 1 (8 oz) package fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds and discard. Place squash halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan. Once hot, add turkey and cook until no longer pink, breaking up with wooden spoon to crumble, about 5-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add marinara sauce and cook until simmering.
- Stir in the ricotta, Parmesan, and ½ cup mozzarella. Add spinach on top and reduce heat to low; allow spinach to wilt from the heat. Incorporate the spinach until tender and wilted.
- Fill each squash half with ¼ of the turkey mixture. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella and return to oven to 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Not sure on the menu this week – sorry! #staycationmode