Mark and I are planning our spring break plans – the one time of year we get away from the kids and enter into complete relaxation mode. When we’re on vacation, we typically stay at adult-only all-inclusive resorts that have direct flights from Chicago. We’re so boring, but we know what we like. We want to minimize travel time, not worry about planning or committing to anything, and just read, swim, sleep, workout, and eat.
But maybe in reverse order of importance – eat, workout, sleep, swim, and read. That’s more accurate.
Last year, we stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres and it was incredible. We stayed for 5 nights and there were still 2 restaurants we didn’t get a chance to try. I’m not sure how that happened, but we’re nearly certain we’ll be going back in April and I cannot wait.
Between spring break and being matron of honor in my bestie’s wedding, April is going to be a fun, busy month! I’m saving up my PTO and trying to shave off a few unwanted pounds. Hubby has been hinting at wanting to do Whole30 again, but I’m just not feeling it.
Perhaps it’s the dietitian in me, but I’m more Team Calorie Counting – making those calories from wholesome sources and adding in lots of exercise. Rocket science, I know! Wink, wink! But I didn’t grumble over the Blue Apron Whole30 dinners that were delivered to our doorstep tonight. It was delicious.
Also delicious, super healthy, and 100% worthy of remaking? This Szechuan Chicken Stir-Fry that is full of colorful vegetables and can be eaten as-is, or atop a bed of quinoa or brown rice (as we did). Quick to come together and great as leftovers, you’ll love it, too!
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil, divided
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup diagonally cut snow peas
- ½ cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 Tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup (1-inch) slices green onions
- Combine 2 teaspoons sesame oil and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink; remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and return to heat. Add bell peppers and next 4 ingredients (through garlic); stir-fry 3-4 minutes. Add broth mixture; cook 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice, if desired, and top with green onions.