We’re healthy and well. Social distancing? The days fly by for me. That’s probably because my kids are at “school” Monday thru Thursday, 8am to 3pm…but truly, the work days fly by! I’m thankful for that. It’s good to be busy. That said, TikTok boredom videos have me cracking up. I’m kind of crushing on TikTok and I never thought I’d say that. Don’t judge!
I did my first 90-minute Peloton ride last night. It was challenging, but not crazy. I was able to run/walk 4 miles tonight without issue, but I’ll take it light tomorrow. Killing these workouts, friends! I just have to reduce my not-so-social drinking – I’m loving the evening cocktail during COVID life. It’s the small things these days, what can I say?
I also resumed Love is Blind (Netflix) today on the treadmill. Glad I resumed – Jessica is a HOT MESS. It’s good and I was glad to have something to watch during my workout. I usually watch the tennis channel OR A Million Little Things – but 1) no tennis and 2) caught up with AMLT (sad!).
We also had our dishwasher installed on Monday AND…I LOVE IT!! It seems to fit about 30% more than our old one and I guess it’s because of the 3rd (top) rack. It also seems to be lower to the ground and being both short and a heavy producer of dirty dishes, I’m good with all of the above.
We’re making great progress on freezer meals. In fact, I used rotisserie chicken from the freezer for this recipe. I also used whole wheat lasagna noodles that are at least a year old. Lasagna takes times to make, what can I say? But the result? Always worth it. And I’m guessing a lot of us have extra time these days…
As a buffalo chicken anything-loving family, I tweaked the recipe to our liking and upped the veggies while making a few other adjustments. I’ve made a few versions of Buffalo Chicken Lasagna and each one seems to be better than the last. So, here you go – the latest and the bestest! Enjoy!
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 15 oz low-fat ricotta
- 1 egg
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing
- 1⅓ cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 24 oz rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ½ cup (2 oz) crumbled blue cheese
- 10 oz shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat. Once boiling, add lasagna noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and run under cold water. Arrange flat on parchment paper to avoid sticking and breaking.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet. One hot, add the onion and celery. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until softened; remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta, egg, blue cheese dressing, and ⅓ cup wing sauce until well-combined.
- To the celery and onion mixture, add the shredded chicken and crumbled blue cheese. Mix well and add remaining 1 cup buffalo sauce; mix well.
- Spread a layer of ricotta mixture in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; top with a layer of 3 noodles. Spread ¼ of the remaining ricotta mixture over noodle layer; top with ⅓ the chicken mixture, and ¼ the mozzarella cheese. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over cheese layer and repeat layering 2 times more ending with a layer of ricotta mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and top is lightly browned, about 45 minutes. Cool lasagna at least 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Thanks for this amazing Recipe.
Hey Nicole – Just noticed that this recipe doesn’t have an oven temp in the instructions. I’m hoping it’s 350, because that’s what we’re going with, but thought you might want to add! : )
Oh man! Thank you! It was 350 🙂 Hope it turned out fab!!