I could never be vegan. More power to those who have it in them, but life without cheese is not a life worth living. I don’t mean to be melodramatic, but if my LDL-cholesterol is going up, it will be in the name of cheese!
Be sure to link up YOUR favorite mac and cheese recipes for a chance to win prices (chosen randomly). Please note you do NOT need to be a blogger to participate…just head on over to Nutmeg Nanny or Rachel Cooks to enter!
Prizes up for grabs include Door to Door Organics Gift Cards, OXO Gift Baskets, Zak Designs Prize Pack, a year’s supply of Cabot cheese, a Vermont Creamery gift basket, a risotto kit from Marx Foods, Barilla pasta, Anolon Advanced Bronze 4.5 Qt. Tapered Stockpot, Rachael Ray Stoneware Casseroval, Wusthof CLASSIC Studio Block Set, Microplane Graters and Kitchen Tools, a SavorX Starter Block with spices and Le Cordon Bleu by Swissmar oven to table roasters. All giveaways open to US residents over the age of 18 only.
And what is Mac and Cheese Mania without tons of tempting mac & cheese recipes?
Jalapeno Popper Mac & Cheese by Heather’s Dish
Buffalo Cheddar Mac and Cheese by Eats Well With Others
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Macaroni and Cheese with Gouda by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
Light Sweet Potato Mac ‘n Cheese Recipe by Cookin’ Canuck
Macaroni and Cheese Fritters by Amuse Your Bouche
Skinny Chicken Mac and Cheese Casserole by A Zesty Bite
Creamy Pancetta + Leek Macaroni and Cheese by Simply Scratch
Smoked Bacon Mac and Cheese by Cravings of a Lunatic
Pizza Mac and Cheese by Very Culinary
Crab Mac and Cheese by Dine & Dish
Bacon & Eggs Breakfast Mac & Cheese by Sweet Remedy
Fried Mac & Cheese Balls by The Little Kitchen
Sweet Pork Macaroni and Cheese by Oh, Sweet Basil
Butternut Squash Quinoa Mac n’ Cheese Bake by Queen of Quinoa
Butternut Mac and Cheese with Pretzel Crust by Healthy. Delicious.
Skinny Greek Mac and Cheese with Crunchy Pita Chip Topping by The Law Student’s Wife
Potato Skin Mac and Cheese by Eat Your Heart Out
Homestyle Baked Mac & Cheese by Pocket Change Gourmet
Bacon Mac and Cheese Egg Rolls by Miss in the Kitchen
Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese by Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Blue Cheese Bechamel Mac and Cheese by Sweetphi
Korean Mac & Cheese by Cooking with Books
Black and Blue Mac and Cheese by Fabtastic Eats
Tomato and Leek Mac and Cheese by Susie Freaking Homemaker
Healthier Mac & Cheese with Chipotle Peppers by Go Gingham
Mac and Cheese Ice Cream by Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body
Blue Cheese & Bacon Macaroni & Cheese by Gimme Some Oven
Poutine Mac and Cheese with Andouille Gravy by Climbing Grier Mountain
Double Smoked Chicken Mac and Cheese by Girl Carnivore
Creamy Greek Yogurt Mac and Cheese with Peas and Bacon by Running to the Kitchen
Nudel Gratin by Crumbs and Chaos
Mushroom and Truffle Sea Salt White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese by Big Bear’s Wife
Roasted Poblano and Goat Cheese Mac by Daisy at Home
Creamy Cauliflower ‘n Cheese with Bacon by Barefeet in the Kitchen
Wisconsin Cheese, Brats, and Onion Macaroni and Cheese by a farmgirl’s dabbles
Spinach Queso Mac & Cheese by Bake Your Day
Roasted Garlic Mac and Cheese with a Pancetta Parmesan Crust by Mountain Mama Cooks
French Onion Mac & Cheese by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Healthier Macaroni and Cheese by Texanerin Baking
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese by CafeTerraBlog
Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Cook the Story
Jack Daniels Mac and Cheese by The Slow Roasted Italian
Lobster Mac and Cheese by FoodieCrush
Green Chili 5-cheese Baked Mac and Cheese by A Southern Fairytale
Homemade Elbow Noodle Tutorial + a Recipe for Roasted Veggie Mac by Bakeaholic Mama
Salsa Verde Mac-n-Cheese (two ways) by Eat2Gather
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Crispy Panko Topping by The Lemon Bowl
My contribution to Mac and Cheese Mania was this Lightened Up Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese…and it. was. faaaantastic.
- 2 cups dry whole wheat elbow macaroni (about 7.25 oz)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¾ cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
- pinch dry mustard
- 8 oz Cabot 50% less fat extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz part-skim (2%) Colby cheese, shredded
- ⅔ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded (I used rotisserie)
- ¼ cup panko
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the celery and carrots, cooking until soft, about 5 minutes. Add flour and stir to coat; cook 1-2 minutes. Add milk and half and half and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once simmering, stir in wing sauce, dry mustard, and shredded cheeses. Mix until cheese melts; remove from heat and stir in the yogurt, mixing well. Mix in cooked pasta and shredded chicken.
- Transfer pasta to the baking dish and top with panko. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.
Weekly Menu: February 23rd – 27th
- Sunday: Chili Mac
- Monday: Tangy Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Tuesday: leftovers
- Wednesday: homemade pizza
- Thursday: Tom Kha Gai
P.S. The winner of the Delicious Probiotics Giveaway is Cynthia! Check your email!