I spent the entire day in the kitchen. Almost the entire day, anyways.
I went grocery shopping…against Mr. Prevention’s plea not to as we’re getting a new refrigerator (and dishwasher!) today. But, I refuse to start a work week without my errands done and so…I went shopping anyways. I drove and Mr. P ran the 2.2 miles to the store to meet me there. As I looked up from my grocery list, there he was in all his sweaty glory, throwing a bag of chips into the cart with that I-hope-you-didn’t-just-see-that look on his face. He asked me to keep walking because his dripping sweat was embarrassing and he was leaving puddles in the aisles. Lovely, I know.
He helped me check out, bag groceries, and load the car. I anticipated driving him home, but he decided to run back home, too. I stopped for gas and I barely beat him back. He was moving pretty good despite the heat and humidity.
I unpacked groceries and got started right away on cookbook recipes. I cooked from about 11am to 5pm and had so many dishes to do I ended up doing an entire load by hand while another ran in the dishwasher…the super crappy dishwasher that is being replaced…today! Huge news for someone who creates as many dirty dishes as I!
I had time enough to throw together a dinner before hockey, but I lost steam. And motivation. I had finally cleaned up the kitchen and done all the dishes that I just couldn’t bring myself to mess it all up again. Plus, I sampled recipes the entire day, never eating an actual meal.
When I got home from hockey at 9pm, however, I was starving. I was glad to have a few of these taquitos to pull from the freezer and pop into the oven for a super quick dinner. They were quick to make the first time around but certainly even quicker to reheat…and they reheated great. I’m glad for my late dinner because this morning I needed that energy for Cardio Sculpt. 😉 Morning morning 6am workout – I’m there!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ green bell pepper, finely diced
- ⅔ cup frozen corn
- 5 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp each chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 14 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add peppers and saute an additional 3-4 minutes. Add the corn and spices and saute an additional minute.
- Add the cream cheese and stir well. Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto the center of a tortilla and roll the tortilla tightly around the mixture and put on the baking sheet, seam side down. Continue process with remaining tortillas.
- Spray the taquitos lightly with cooking spray and bake until the tortillas are crisp and lightly browned, about 12 minutes.
After a 2 1/2 day work week last week, this 6 day work week should be a challenge 😉