Working in a department of all women is often times challenging, but mostly a riot. Some of my staff treat me like the daughter they hold with great regard and some treat me like their big sister they’d never cross — there’s that perfect balance of work and play with there always being respect and hard work. Work hard, play hard!
Outside of the normal tiffs within a department, everyone gets along great, people trade favors, and I only hope they enjoy their jobs as much as I. Judging by the amount of laughing going on, I have to assume they enjoy their jobs at least somewhat 😉
If they’re not busy laughing with one another, the girls are probably laughing at me. I embarrass myself at least once daily. It’s actually rather impressive the consistency with which I manage to get myself into the predicaments and situations that I do. Sometimes I sit in something dirty, dribble something down my chest (this is probably the most common occurrence), say something in a way that it comes out completely and totally wrong, forget something (fairly) important, or any number of other ways.
Yesterday, we had fajitas for lunch. Of course, I added salsa which…ended up dribbled down my light grey shirt about 2 minutes before I needed to be in a meeting…at the opposite end of the hospital. I could either go dirty or go wet from removing the stain. I chose the latter. I’m not sure which was worse because SEVERAL people pointed out my mess despite my best efforts to pull my cardigan over the unsightly accident. Of course, the girls found this terribly funny…mostly because I called myself out on the high probability of my messiness before it even happened.
But there’s some foods worth the risk of being a slob. Tacos, fajitas, chili dogs….mmm.
I haven’t met a taco I didn’t love. Everything from Lentil Tacos to Kung Pao Tacos to Zucchini and Black Bean Tacos to Crock Pot Chicken Tacos. I love them all. Mr. Prevention? Of course he favors all things “buffalo” and so it should come as no surprise that these are making another appearance.
I must admit, these are epic.
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- large pinch of cayenne pepper
- ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank’s Buffalo Wing) + 4 Tbsp, for drizzling
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 oz gorgonzola
- ½ cabbage, shredded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, cayenne, and garlic powder. Season the chicken pieces with pepper, then dredge in the flour mixture, shaking off excess coating.
- Add olive oil to the skillet and once it is hot, add chicken and brown on all sides – about 3-4 minutes per side. Once the chicken is done, set it aside in a bowl and toss with ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce.
- Assemble 10 tacos, dividing the toppings evenly among each taco.
Thursday. The weekend is in sight! 😀