This time of year is like Christmas in southwest Michigan – it’s BLUEBERRY season! While blueberry season isn’t quuuuite in full swing just yet, it’s just around the corner. Passing by you-pick fields going to and from work doesn’t make working indoors all day any easier, let me tell ya…
I had a puff pastry in my freezer since…forever, and when I saw this recipe, I knew the season’s first blueberries would go towards this treat. It was incredibly quick and easy to make…and served with a bit of ice cream? Heavenly.
Easy Blueberry Crostata
Author: Nicole Morrissey
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the berries with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Unroll the puff pastry onto the baking sheet. Mound the blueberries into the middle of the dough, leaving an inch or two around the edges. Fold the edges over the filling to keep the berries from sliding out, overlapping and pinching where needed. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg and sprinkle with the course sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Gratinee
Serving size: ⅛ crostada Calories: 221 Fat: 8.6 Carbohydrates: 33.0 Sugar: 17.6 Sodium: 181 Fiber: 2.6 Protein: 3.0 Cholesterol: 12
Short and sweet today. I’m running on fumes…TGIF!! 🙂
This is perfect. Love that you used puff pastry. It is such a time saver and gets so deliciously crispy.
I love crostatas because of how easy they are! Love that you used puff pastry!
This looks heavenly.. Definitely with a scoop of ice cream on top 🙂
This looks delicious!! And PERFECT for blueberry season. As soon as I get some puff pastry I’m making it. Thanks!!
This looks great, nice and rustic too. Perfect time of year to collect this recipe! thanks.