I’m a social media fanatic. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know as much. Babies, dogs, and FOOD! What more could people possibly want to waste time looking at?
I’m kidding, it’s not time wasted! A quick glance at a meal is great for meal planning and healthy ideas (or not such healthy ideas…). Please tell me I’m not just making this stuff up to justify my addiction. Please? If necessary, please lie to me.
I know much of it has to do with who you follow on social media, but taking pictures of food is somewhat commonplace these days. It’s not just foodies who are doing it. Okay, maybe it is just foodies photographing food…BUT foodies are a growing cult. And…I…LOVE…it! Sites like Instagram and Pinterest only help feed such interests and thank goodness for that, am I right?
If you don’t think I’m right, I think you’re wrong.
When Mr. P was traveling for work last week, I threw together this salad and put it on Instagram. People wanted a recipe – they wanted to be eating what I was eating. And in the case of this salad, I can understand why. So pretty!
You’re not choosing pasta or salad, you’re having both. You pair it with uber healthy salmon and a few other decadent ingredients (Parmigiano-Reggiano…swoooon) and you call it a salad. A really, really good salad.
So good that I put the salad on this week’s menu…again. And took it for lunch…again (P.S. the salmon can be served cold on the salad and is delish!). As I placed the salad at Mr. P’s spot at the dinner table, he complimented how good it looked (duh, dude). After a few bites, he praised the taste. And THEN he cleaned up the dishes and THANKED ME for making dinner. There’s a first time for everything, folks. But this salad…it won’t be the last time we have it. No, no, no. It’s a favorite in our house, for sure.
- 5 oz dry whole wheat pasta
- 1 lb salmon filets (4-4 oz filets)
- 1 tsp salmon seasoning
- 10 oz romaine, chopped
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp Ken's Lite Caesar Dressing, divided (or brand of preference)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil over high heat. Once boiling, stir in pasta, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook until al dente, about 9-10 minutes. Run cooked pasta under cold water; transfer to a medium bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the Caesar dressing.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Season salmon with salmon seasoning and bake for 12-14 minutes, depending on thickness of the salmon.
- Meanwhile, add the romaine to a large bowl. Drizzle remaining ½ cup dressing over the salad and toss well. Add the diced tomatoes, Parmesan, and Parmigiano-Reggiano; toss. Add the pasta; toss again.
- Distribute salad among 4 plates and top with a 4 ounce piece of salmon. Serve immediately.