Did I brag about how I got to stop home at lunch one day last week to throw dinner in the crock pot? It was fabulous. Equally as enjoyable was eating lunch with one hand while throwing tennis balls down the driveway for Lily with the other. A productive lunch break with some fresh air and a bit of exercise for the dog? Yes, I am loving my new job…and my new schedule.
Every Friday I’ve had off has been jam-packed. I’ve picked up tennis lessons on Friday while Shea preys on the little boys in the nursery, waiting for them to crawl her way at which point she grabs both sides of their face and licks their faces, slobbering all over them. I knew she had a little crush at her regular daycare, but to have the gym confirm…well, we have quite the affectionate chick-a-dee.
After I was done playing tennis and Shea was done slobbering on the cute little boys, we went swimming! Shea’s first swimming experience and it was very well-received. She smiled and splashed and Mr. P even stopped by to take video of some of the action. From there I volunteered at Shea’s daycare for Teacher Appreciation Week and then stopped by my friends’ yard sale. BUSY day and Shea had geared up for the day by sleeping through the night, recovered from the day by sleeping through the night, and knowing that no good thing would actually last when it comes to her and sleep, she regressed back to 2 wake-ups last night. Sigh.
But it was a GOOD week. I am so much happier with a work-life balance that enables me to have more time with my little Shea bug and doing fun things.
Even still, the week nights tend to fly by and quick dinners that are husband-approved are an absolute must.
For this meal, I married our favorite Mexican meal: fajitas, with Mr. P’s most favorite ingredient ever: buffalo sauce, and my favorite preparation: throw together, bake, and serve. Few ingredients, limited prep, and very few dishes. Aaaaaaaaaa-men. Definitely a meal we’ll be making again soon!
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins, sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 3 bell peppers (colors of choice), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oz (1/2 cup) crumbled blue cheese
- 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil and ¼ cup wing sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Place chicken tenderloins in the baking dish and gently toss to coat the chicken in oil and wing sauce. Over the chicken, layer the bell pepper slices and drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons of the remaining wing sauce. Top with onions and drizzle with remaining wing sauce (1-2 tablespoons).
- Cover with foil and bake approximately 40 minutes. Remove foil, top with crumbled blue cheese and return to oven to bake an additional 5 minutes. Serve warm in tortillas with additional blue cheese and wing sauce, if desired.
- Sunday: Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Rhubarb BBQ Sauce, asparagus, and potatoes
- Monday: grilled romaine salads w/ Greek dressing
- Tuesday: BLT’s (work late)
- Wednesday: Grilled Mustard Glazed Skewers with baked potatoes
- Thursday: Garlic Lime Oven-Baked Salmon with quinoa
So happy about your new work/life balance – and that you are loving your new job – #winwin!
It’s been a while since I have been on your site, I am glad I remembered it today. I made these fajitas last night. I was a little skeptic of the buffalo sauce and the peppers etc, but they were delicious! My husband and I loved them. A great quick meal for a Monday! Thanks.
WOW looks yummy!