You guysssssssss, I’m thiiiiiirrrty. I feel
30 80 when I walk down the stairs in the morning, however.
Snap. Crackle. Pop.
It just isn’t right. By the time I get on the floor to give the dog her morning snuggle and get down a few gulps of coffee, my joints seem greased and ready for the day.
Let’s just pretend this is normal. I’ll make note that stretching over exercise may not be pointless after all.
I didn’t see any fireworks over the long holiday weekend, but I did have my family visiting. Even my brother. Which some people swear is my twin. Except, unfortunately, I’m 4 years (and 6 days) older.
We went to the beach, checked out a brewery, and ate dinner with a stunning view of Lake Michigan. It was a great weekend. Of course some people had a 4 day weekend (ahem, my husband) and the fun continued today. Seeing as it was the hottest day of the summer to date, I was just a weeeeeeeeeee bitter and jealous of his beach day.
That said, the majority of me was ready to jump back into the grind. I knew I had a to-do list waiting for my at work and I haven’t cooked or “cooked” since the middle of last week…my body was craving something wholesome and balanced. If nothing else, I need some leftovers to take for lunch!
Mr. P has been growing some beautiful Romaine in planters in our driveway (classy!) and we’ve had an abundance of lettuce to be used. I was able to consult Pinterest (follow me!) for some salad and salad dressing recipes and couldn’t help but drool over this one. The dressing is creamy yet tangy and the salad ingredients are rich in fiber and offer up a beautiful array of colors, textures, and flavors. It was divine!
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup low-fat olive oil mayonnaise
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 large head of Romaine, chopped
- 6 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1½ cups corn (grilled, frozen, or canned)
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- Blend dressing ingredients in a blender or mini food prep until smooth and creamy; set aside.
- Place romaine in a large bowl; top with dressing and toss well. Add remaining ingredients and toss again. Serve immediately.
- Sunday: Olive Garden after my Grannie’s funeral 🙁
- Monday: BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad
- Tuesday: Homemade pizza
- Wednesday: Caribbean Tacos
- Thursday: Taco Pancakes