Lots of interesting things going on over here…
The brother-in-law of our contractor (who has been integral in completing our bathroom renovation that is now 7 weeks behind schedule…) was arrested for his second offense of public intoxication. He’s still in jail. You can’t make this stuff up.
BOTH of my kids have hand-foot-mouth disease. It has been mild-ish for Piper and she’s at the tail end of the fun and Shea seems to be getting off “easy”. Fingers crossed. The good news is that their school is closed all of this week and the majority of the week is being covered by my mom and my in-laws. Except, I messed up blocking my Wednesday schedule and have 2 presentations I CANNOT miss and so we may be SOL on Wednesday if I’m not certain Shea is no longer contagious. She also has an ear infection – ugh.
I’m starting a podcast with another dietitian. We had a 2-hour phone call this morning to start learning about the editing process and yep…we may be in over our heads, but we’re going to give it a go! Can’t wait.
My hubby is all signed up for BAD (Beginning Adult Development) ice hockey! We will finally have shared something that I’m better at 😉 At least for now. Sundays this fall will be interesting with his ice time at 5:45pm and mine at either 6:55pm or 8:15pm.
And perhaps most interesting – the fact that I’ve never use nuts to make a meal so very epic. I’m not sure how it’s possible to make such an incredible sauce from such a basic and brief list of ingredients, but VOILA! Vegan and high in fiber and good-for-you fats this meal is a family favorite and easy to whip together. Enjoy!
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ cup cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (12 oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- ¼ to ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place florets on a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat. Roast for 35-45 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, combine cashews, water, garlic, marinara, roasted red peppers, and crushed red pepper in a blender and process until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and keep hot.
- Pour sauce over pasta and cauliflower; gently toss to coat.
Weekly Menu: August 26th – 30th
- Sunday: Easy Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple-Chipotle Sauce
- Monday: Bacon and Avocado Quinoa Bowl with Buttermilk-Chive Drizzle
- Tuesday: Thai Chicken Pizza
- Wednesday: leftovers or out
- Thursday: Creamy Corn-Mushroom Risotto
Yay! I love it when I have all the ingredients at home to make this recipe. If you do start a podscast let us know! Gives me something to listen to on my 1hr drive home from work.
It’s a bear to set-up but we’re getting there! Send along podcast topics 😉 Oh, and DEFINITELY enjoy this recipe. A big winner!! Loved it!