I had one mission today: leave work by 3:45pm and get home for a long workout…with plenty of time to still make dinner. I had some comp time headed my way after an 11 hour day yesterday, and I was close to making it out on time…only 8 minutes late. For me, that’s timely.
I hopped on the Peloton, ready to kick my own butt in a 60-minute ride…and then the phone rang. Work call. Thirty minutes later, the butt-kicking began.
After my workout was complete, I had ZERO motivation to cook. I climbed up from the basement and proclaimed that there was ZERO chance of me making dinner. I was drenched in sweat and left feeling whipped — did I drink enough water today? Unlikely. The only meal left on the weekly menu required a bit of effort and I just didn’t have it in me. We’re all entitled to those days, right?
The freezer meal of breaded chicken breasts, mixed vegetables, and chips we had for dinner worked just fine for dinner in a pinch. And better yet was the fact that I wasn’t responsible for any of it. Thank you, husband! Dishes, too (not that there were many).
Dinner meals that are truly super simple gain my appreciation and interest by the day. There are just not enough hours in the day…or at least not enough hours in the evening to accomplish both a workout and a dinner meal without some quick and easy options.
This recipe came recommended from several trusted foodie friends. I love that it’s able to be made in either the air fryer or oven, because I know air fryers are still not a kitchen staple. Heck, I’m still fairly new to mine. That said, I do think air fryer salmon traps in the moisture while cooking the fish beautifully – so, do give it a shot in the air fryer if you’ve got one. And if you don’t, the oven it is – you won’t be disappointed!
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 (5 oz) salmon fillets
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 6 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 oz (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan
- Mist the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray and mist with olive oil. Preheat air fryer (or oven) to 400 degrees F.
- Season the salmon with lemon, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, basil, and Parmesan until well-combined. Spread evenly over the flesh of the salmon.
- Air fry for 7 minutes (or bake for 10-12) or until fish has reached desired doneness. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Skinny Taste
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 prepared salmon filet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 12.5gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 2.0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0.8gProtein: 42.3g
Looking for more salmon inspo? Here you gooooo!
- Teriyaki Salmon Sushi Bowl
- Salmon BLT with Lemon-Dill Mayonnaise
- Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Baked Dijon Salmon
- Salmon Cakes
- Cajun Baked Salmon