This post is brought to you by my daughter, Shea (7) with a little help.
Hi, my name is Shea! I want to spend time with my mom so I asked if I could help her blog. I am starting to like blogging because I’m a good reader and I like reading.
My mom makes healthy foods to put on her blog. I like some things but not all things she makes. One of the foods mommy makes that I like is chili. I asked her to make chili tonight and she said yes. I might help her if I’m not playing with my sister, Piper. When my mom asked me what it means to have a blog, I told her it means you have to stay balanced in your food and not just eat sugar. You can have sugar and cake as long as you have something healthy that day.
After mommy makes the food, she takes pictures in the art room and she posts about it on the computer. She likes doing her blog and she has taught me a little bit on the computer like how to make periods and change the pictures a little bit – like how bright and how dark it is and change the shade of it.
I like the cake in this post and I think you would like it, too. I like the frosting even though I don’t like cream cheese that it has in it. It’s a medium-sized cake. I like the other stuff in the frosting – I like butter. And sugar. There are a certain kind of nut on top and they are crunchy.
It is fall so there’s lots of pumpkin stuff so we decided to make a pumpkin cake. But we had a lot of bananas that the fruit flies were getting so we added banana, too. I like Halloween better than Thanksgiving and this cake is perfect for Halloween. Halloween is one of my favorite holiday. Enjoy the cake! And Halloween.
Shea and mommy
Pumpkin Pie Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This cake is all about banana meets pumpkin underneath a creamy, rich layer of frosting!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large)
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking power
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mist a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, creamy together the butter and sugar until fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing between each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the mashed banana, pumpkin puree, and milk; mix until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie seasoning until well-combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet in 2-3 additions, mixing between each addition. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 32-38 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk or mix together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until well-combined. Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed.
- Once completely cooled, spread the frosting over the cake in an even layer and top with walnuts. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 15.1gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 66.7gFiber: 1.8gSugar: 44.5gProtein: 4.9g
Wanting all things PUMPKIN!? Gotcha covered.
- Pumpkin Caramel Bourbon Poke Cake
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- Pumpkin Alfredo
- Pumpkin-Maple Loaf
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Weekly Menu: October 24th – 28th
- Sunday: breakfast chili (contest entry)
- Monday: tacos
- Tuesday: Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Wednesday: Book Club / leftovers for the fam
- Thursday: out for dinner
Good job Shea! This was adorable
This was adorable. Thank you, Shea! I’m going to make this cake soon!
Great post, Shea! You are a good writer. Hope you are having a good day!