I’ve been trying to convince myself to get off the couch and to the grocery store, but first decided to type up a blog post. After this post goes live, I’ll probably find something else to put off grocery shopping because for whatever reason, I reeeeeeally don’t want to go today.
I know part of the reason is the Olympics.
I have turned into a total couch potato at every opportunity I can find. My couch potato status watching the world’s most elite athletes – there’s plenty of irony in that.
It’s like my fridge have several healthy, balanced options for lunch and all that sounded good to me was bran cereal and chocolate-covered pretzels. I pieced together a little bit of everything and called it good.
That’s why I absolutely, positively have to and will (eventually) grocery shop – to force myself into following my weekly menu and putting out some delicious meals for the week. Delicious but easy. Perhaps with the exception of the BLT Grilled Potato Salad that I have planned for tonight. But since it came highly recommended, I’m making an exception!
Otherwise, it’s all about easy. Like these quinoa pizza bits – it doesn’t get much easier than these. Very few ingredients…very fun flavors and presentation. They scream “kid food” and that was confirmed by my toddler. And my husband.
The quinoa pizza bites can be served as an appetizer or certainly as a light meal with a salad or other good-for-you accompaniment. Just be sure you don’t forget the pizza sauce for serving – yum!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup 2% shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup (about 20) turkey pepperoni, quartered
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mist a 20 wells of a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until well-combined. Using a spoon, fill each muffin well about three-fourths full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Run a sharp paring knife around the outside of each pizza bite and gently remove from mini muffin tin. Serve hot with pizza sauce, if desired.
Weekly Menu: August 7th – 11th
- Sunday: BLT Grilled Potato Salad
- Monday: Asian Noodle Salad
- Tuesday: grilled chicken with French Onion Zoodle Bake
- Wednesday: leftovers
- Thursday: Blackened Fish Tacos with Cilantro Slaw