We went out on Friday night and Mark was so quiet the entire time. I kept joking that it was because I chose the restaurant and I chose the pizza we ordered – duck and fig. Yum!
So last night, after the girls were in bed and I was editing these photos, he snuggled up with me on the couch. We covered several topics while catching bits and pieces of the college basketball games that were on. We talked about my feelings about returning to work in a full-time capacity in a few weeks, potential travel plans for Spring Break, our beautiful family…and food.
Mark paid me a compliment in saying that the past 2 weeks have been filled with really yummy dinners. I concur – we’ve been hitting the dinner jackpot and consequently, we’ve been duking it out over leftovers.
After a good long snuggle while I was editing photos, Mark finally said, “Hey, I don’t remember eating this…it looks really good. When did we have this?”
“Shea and I had this with the babysitter while you were traveling for work.” I said. “Oh, that makes sense. Lucky babysitter” he said. Followed up with, “Can you make it again soon?”
I mean, since he asked so nicely… 🙂
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 (5 oz) salmon fillets
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot and shimmering, add salmon. Cook 4-5 minutes; flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until cooked until nearly done. Add the teriyaki sauce to the skillet and cook until hot, slightly reduced, and salmon is cooked to desired doneness.
- Divide rice evenly between 4 serving bowls. Top with diced avocado, cucumber, and scallions. Top each with a salmon fillet and spoon remaining teriyaki sauce on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Weekly Menu: December 18th – 22nd
- Sunday: One Pot Pepper Jack Chicken Fajita and Rice Soup
- Monday: Roasted Garlic Broccoli Parmesan Risotta
- Tuesday: leftovers -Christmas program at school
- Wednesday: Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff
- Thursday: leftovers