The kids’ naps flew by this past weekend, as they always do. But Mr. Prevention and I were productive with nap time on Sunday and took turns hitting the treadmill and did a 35 minute HIIT workout together. We struggled through it and interestingly, struggled with different exercises. Let’s keep it our little secret that he ends up on my Instagram stories with his uncoordinated efforts, mmkay?
On Monday, we were sore. My hockey game was brutal. Come Tuesday, we were miserable. Come Wednesday, I knew I had to get in a workout and squeaked out 3 ½ miles before work. It was tough but I was glad I did it.
I wonder how much convincing I’ll have to do to get a couples HIIT workout in again this weekend. Maybe he’ll surprise me and he’ll be the one suggesting it. Stay tuned 😉 Even with nearly 9 years of marriage behind us, he stills throws me for a loop sometimes.
Between my husband and the kids, I’m safe to assume nothing. Especially when it comes to food.
When I threw this Philly Cheesesteak meal on the weekly menu I did it with the presumption that the kids and I would eat it and Mr. P would probably throw in a frozen pizza, as he usually does when there’s something on the menu he doesn’t care for. Not that that happens all that often, but it does happen. Or sometimes he just can’t manage another day without pizza in his life. Or so he says.
As I described the meal, he agreed he wouldn’t like it. As he saw the meal being prepared he said it was “basically fajitas”. While I couldn’t disagree more, he tried the meal and LOVED the meal. Really, really loved it. As did I. In fact, this is probably my most favorite meal in quite some time and it’s so incredibly easy, too! My coworkers were also ooo-ing and ahhh-ing over the leftovers I brought for lunch.
- 3 green bell peppers, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb deli roast beef, sliced
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sliced bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic on parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil and Worcestershire and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss well to coat. Roast on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Broil 1-2 minutes or until onions just begin to turn golden at the edges. Remove from oven.
- Add beef; toss. Broil 2 minutes more. Top with cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.