In case you’re not as addicted to Instagram as I am and didn’t see my Instastories and updates, my best friend of THIRTY YEARS got married this weekend. The wedding was in Cincinnati and it. Was. Incredible. It was a whole weekend of wedding festivities – rehearsal and rehearsal dinner Thursday night, a party at Kendra Scott on Friday, followed by a Reds game, and Saturday was all things wedding starting at 6am.
It wasn’t even my wedding day and I was so sad to see it come to an end. It went by too, too quickly!
Between Cancun the first week of the month and being in Cincinnati Thursday through Sunday of this week, I’m a little “off”. I haven’t worked out since Wednesday (gahh!) and I’m most definitely sleep deprived. My feet were also ABUSED this weekend – my college days are done and heels are not kind to my poor mama feet.
As Mark was driving us home this afternoon, I was planning our week – what days I need Mark to drop off the girls on account of an early meeting, what we’re eating for dinner, placing our grocery order, etc. It was productive! When I got home, it was laundry, meal prep, and packing lunches…of course I’m yet to unpack myself. I tend to be one of those people that unpacks over the course of several days, taking things out of my bag as I need them.
The fun-packed month of April will quiet down for us and we’re back to the daily grind. It’s also back to regular workouts and homemade meals. As much as I didn’t want to get life in order after a long, way-too-fun weekend, it was almost cathartic.
If you’re anything like me, you appreciate quick and easy meals that can be eaten throughout the week for lunch or dinner alike. This Mexican Chicken Salad is beyond delicious and I love it served on crackers, on bread with avocado, or on top of a salad. So versatile, so delicious!
- 1 lb cooked and shredded chicken breast
- ⅓ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup enchilada sauce
- juice of ½ lime
- ½ oz (1/2 packet) taco seasoning
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup no salt added caned corn
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, enchilada sauce, lime juice, taco seasoning, and green chiles in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and mix well with a large spoon.
- Fold in the corn, bell pepper, red onion, and cilantro. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Weekly Menu: April 15th – 19th
- Sunday: tacos, refried beans, rice, avocado
- Monday: Italian Bolognese Sauce from The Easy Heart Healthy Cookbook for Slow Cookers
- Tuesday: Grilled California Avocado Chicken with mashed potatoes
- Wednesday: book club – dinner out! Kung Pao Chicken from The Easy Heart Healthy Cookbook for Slow Cookers for the family
- Thursday: Blue Apron meal