Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and I must admit, I love the holiday. I love all the cheesy, ooey, gooey love stuff and just as it should every day, it makes me grateful for a loving husband and the beautiful life we have. It also helps that I have 2 adorable little girls out of the deal and an upcoming trip to Maui that I anticipate will be a trip of a lifetime.
But seriously, I love…feeling loved and loving on others. Last week, flowers were delivered to work on Wednesday and as they were handed over to me, I was in shock! 🙂
Mark and I do a really good job of carving out 1:1 time alone — away from the house and away from our littles. We go out just about every week and babysitter costs are factored into our budget. We make it a priority and nearly always, we go out on Saturday nights. It’s just for dinner, but it’s our time.
This week we went out on Friday night instead and I kind of preferred it. Saturday helps break-up the weekend some, but Fridays leave Saturdays WIDE OPEN. I appreciated having a day where my only to-do was to watch basketball after the kids went to bed. Don’t we all need more days like that?
I also got on the whole meal planning thing and we got the grocery shopping done. My highlight was La Croix being on sale – $2.88 a case! We filled my hatchback – ha! I alternated between kid-friendly and recipes Mark and I would love for this week. Watch, they’ll probably devour the Mixed Seafood Soup. Time will tell…
A recipe they also devoured? This one. Noodles, mushrooms, chicken, and a basic white wine sauce that anyone would love. It’s ready in minutes and pairs perfectly with just about any vegetable or a salad to round out the meal. And…it’s just swanky enough to whip up for your sweetie this Valentine’s Day. You’ll want this one on repeat, no doubt!
- 8 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 1¾ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 lb sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 oz (~1/2 cup) shaved Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons of the flour, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Add chicken to the bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add garlic, tarragon, and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 4-5 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken. Add white wine to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done. Stir in noodles; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve with cheese.
Weekly Menu: February 10th – 14th
- Sunday: tacos and taco salad with pico and guacamole
- Monday: Cajun Chicken Meatballs with egg noodles and steamed veggies
- Tuesday: Mixed Seafood Soup with crusty bread
- Wednesday: Concert for me – Roasted Sweet Potato with Black Bean Salad for the crew
- Thursday: Valentine’s Day! We’re leaning towards take-out. Probably Thai or Indian 🙂