Nice weather is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By nice, I mean temperatures above 50 on the regular, but we’ll take it here in Michigan. I mean, that’s practically beach weather (my husband’s boss’ children were totally in their pool last weekend. It was in the 30’s). The sun, however, is a big maybe, but let’s hope it makes an appearance more than it does not here in the coming days. 2020, you SO owe us.
I was shocked slash totally honored that my local gym and tennis club shared my most recent cooking demo on their Facebook page. Not only that, but they directed members and page fans to Prevention RD (as in, here!) for recipes. Whaaa!?
IMAGINE THAT! I know, this shouldn’t be so hard to believe. Next month marks YEAR ELEVEN that this blog has been around and for real, that is just difficult to fathom. I practically feel like a founding father (mother) of the WWW.
As it goes every few years, it seems opportunistic to plan for a little face lift. The blog needs it, don’t you think? If you feel so inclined, I would LOVE and APPRECIATE hearing what feedback and suggestions you have for me (the site). I’d also love to be pointed in the direction of some inspiration sites because my goodness, there are some amazing sites out there!
Anyhoodles, welcome to any newcomers! Hope you find some recipes you love – that you family loves…that your fellow Facebook live attendees love. If you want to go straight to a source, you’re in the right place because THIS recipe was a HUGE hit on my last Facebook live cooking demo. As in, people actually said they’d make this recipe and to a food blogger & dietitian, that means the world.
It is also very appropriate for these pantry-clean out days — the days of COVID-19. If you’re anything like me, you might have a can of cream of chicken nearing its expiration in the back of your pantry. Or black beans. Or Rotel. Or corn. Or chicken broth. If you have most of those are all of those…or you’re doing the math to realize this recipe is #budgetfriendly, voila! I dolled it up with some spices and toppings and boy, oh boy! Glad I snuck in this gem before summer temps arrive!
- 2 (15 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10.5 oz) can reduced sodium cream of chicken
- 1 (15 oz) can low-sodium corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- 12 oz rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 oz tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 avocado, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Combine broth, cream of chicken, corn, beans, Rotel,chicken, chili powder, and cumin in a stock pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips, ¼ avocado, squeeze of lime juice, and cilantro.