It’s Thursday evening…the eve of Mark’s 40th birthday (he’s currently at the casino with a friend, most definitely losing money). You guys, he is not well. He’s moping around, sad. Eeyore sad. I mean, SAD-SAD. Reminder to self: put the “old as S*!(#” toilet paper I ordered on the toilet paper holder before I go to bed. It has to be a day of celebration, start to finish.
I can’t say more, but I hope it’s a memorable day.
A memorable day followed by a hectic week – the first FULL week of school for both girls, back to gymnastics and dance, hockey for Mark and I, a sick nanny, dinner with friends tonight…it’s feeling back to normal with a side of extra
queso chaos. Almost but not quite. Too bad fall is looming in the distance, ready to pounce.
My coworker is headed to northern Michigan this weekend. The forecast: mid 70’s and sunny. That’s precisely what I was hoping for during our first family vacation a few weekends ago. But, 50’s and rain it was. At least it was absolutely, positively STUNNING for our family photos on the beach last night. I’ll share some of them soon – the sneak peak was lovely! Nights like that make me realize why people vacation where I live (6 months out of the year, anyway).
So yes, it’s the birthday weekend of my 40-year-old husband who is not at all happy with his age. He says he’s feeling every bit of 40, but I’d say I’m giving him a run for his money (I’m 35). I keep reminding him that MULTIPLE people have told me that their 40’s have been their best decade yet! Cheers to THAT!
In honor of my better half, a recent favorite recipe of his. It comes from the Pinch of Yum Instant Pot recipe round up they recently posted. However, I made a lot of changes. Some of those changes were on account of my inability to properly read and follow directions, the rest were creative liberties. The end result, however, was FABULOUS. Enjoy!
- 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste or minced ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Place tomatoes, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, smoked paprika, salt, cumin, 1 teaspoon garam masala, and diced chicken into the Instant Pot; mix to combine and secure the lid.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 9 minutes. Rapid release the pressure.
- Switch the Instant Pot to HIGH saute mode. Add the cubed butter, cream, and remaining teaspoon of garam masala; mix well and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it simmers.
- Serve over rice with naan (if desired), topped with fresh cilantro.
Recipe adapted from Two Sleevers
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 20.6gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 899mgCarbohydrates: 6.2gFiber: 1.0gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 27.4g
Looking for some other Indian recipes? Check these out!
- Chana Masala
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Healthier Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
- Chicken Tikka Pizzas
- Easy Chana Aloo Curry with Shrimp