Our 6-year-old’s brain never turns off. It’s rare that Mark or I are not fielding one thoughtful question or another during our evening bedtime routine…our most quality 1:1 time with the girls during the week. Recent favorite questions include:
“Where in the world is the Coronavirus the worst?”
“How did Coronavirus travel from country to country and why is China not the worst place if that’s where it started?”
“How many nights are so-and-so going to stay at our house?”
“What is a ‘buh-gina’?”
I’m telling you, the sky if the limit with the questions that child will produce each evening.
It’s common that I also get questions or comments about blogging. Tonight, Shea requested that I take her picture so she can “be on the blog”. This was probably timely because she had a fun interaction today at school.
A volunteer at the school today sent me a selfie of she and Shea during lunchtime. She said, “Shea asked how we know one another!” ::crying laughing face emoji::
The reason this is so funny is because the woman and I first “met” because of my blog and now we’ve run into each other in the wild and know one another IRL. Gotta love small towns (no sarcasm on my end, truly!).
She informed Shea that we met through my blog and naturally, Shea thought nothing of this. Just like she thinks nothing of me photographing dinner every night. Me, though? It totally made me smile and definitely made my day!
I imagine it won’t be long before Shea correlates blogging with meals she probably hasn’t had before. And because she’s 6 and choosy, that often translates into dinner being rejected. Sometimes, though…I luck out. I tend to luck out with peppers and onions…so this meal? She loved it. Me too! Being underwhelmed by the one and only Philly cheesesteak I’ve ever had, this version is much more so my jam!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded provolone cheese
- 6 sub buns
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and sprinkle with half the salt and black pepper, to taste. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove veggies to a plate.
- Return skillet to heat and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken and season with the Italian seasoning, paprika, remaining salt, and black pepper, to taste. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Add the peppers and onions back to the skillet, toss gently to mix and heat through. Top with provolone and cover with a lid for 1 minute.
- Serve in hot, in sub buns.
Recipe slightly adapted from Recipe Runner
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 prepared sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 14.2gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 758mgCarbohydrates: 34.8gFiber: 2.3gSugar: 6.2gProtein: 28.7g
Sandwiches are forever a fan-favorite! Here’s some worth checking out!
- Chicken Saltimbocca Sandwich
- Mexican-Style Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches
- Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Spinach and Artichoke Melts
- Caprese Panini
- Ultimate BLT Grilled Cheese
- Salmon BLT with Lemon-Dill Mayonnaise