Christmas is in 10 days. This always happens – the holidays on the sneak attack. If you’re wondering about my hand – it’s still sore. I think it’s very simple: I’m not in shape for 12 hours of baking and cleaning in a period of less than 24 hours.
I believe we call that arthritis…or if I’m lucky, maybe a little tendonitis?
The holidays are simply exhausting in every way – mostly good, so long as I don’t lose my mind. All the balls in the air, that’s for sure.
Having my holiday baking out of the way is certainly a relief. There’s always this balance of doing it early enough that everything can be shared and passed on, while balancing the must-be-fresh come Christmas Day factor. It’s hard to find that sweet spot, especially with cookies.
The EASIEST recipe this time of year? These peanut clusters. A total classic, passed along from my mother-in-law years ago.
The effort-to-reward ratio is highly favorable as compared to other desserts I make. The ingredient list is simple and the preparation just as easy. You can make these clusters well ahead of the holiday hustle and they’ll be just as good a month from now. Enjoyyy!!
Slow Cooker Peanut Clusters
Incredibly easy, incredibly delicious! What's not to love about crunchy heaps of chocolate-y peanuts!?
- 2 lbs white candy coating, broken into pieces
- 1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 24 oz dry roasted peanuts
- Put white candy coating, semi-sweet morsels, and unsweetened chocolate into the slow cooker.
- Heat on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the slow cooker. Stir in the peanuts until fully coated.
- Spoon mixture onto parchment paper in 2-3 tablespoon heaps. Allow to cool and harder before storing in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 1 cluster
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 9.3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 14.3gFiber: 0.5gSugar: 12.3gProtein: 2.5g
Lots of Christmas favorites upcoming, but here’s some honorable mentions!
- Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- Turtle Cookies
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Potato Chip Cookies
- English Toffee
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Biscoff Cookie Truffles
- Fruit and Nut Shortbread Cookies