Coming off of a SUPER fun girl’s weekend, it has been a bit of chaos. I mean, a lot has happened since Saturday.
I learned I love whiskey sours.
The transmission in my car is out. Or presumably so. And we are a one car family in a not-at-all urban area of the US.
My computer became useless. As in, the entire middle row of keys no longer work (in addition to the shattered screen), so it became a little tricky to put out a blog post without the use of “a”, “s”, “d”, “f”, “g”, “h”, “j”, “k”, and “l”. You can’t make this stuff up!
It’s Monday, so I’m foregoing the whiskey sours for now 😉
My car is in for diagnostics. ANXIOUSLY awaiting the estimate. *eye roll*
My new computer arrives tomorrow.
On top of all of THAT, it also SNOWED today here in southwest Michigan. SNOWED. There’s tulips on my table and SNOW in my yard. Michigan, you’re killing me. Today was the unofficial start to boating season, for crying out loud! But, alas, on Saturday…when I’m at a hockey tournament in a frigid rink all day, it’ll be mid-70’s and sunny according to the forecast.
Cue: Ironic by Alanis Morrissett.
In preparation for potentially losing a lot off my computer, I went back into the archives of “Things I Want to Post…but Don’t Really Love the Pictures.” I have quite a few of those, but I’m reframing and going with what my gut – POST.
Pleasing my crew with dinner, any one of the littles, much less everyone, is nearly impossible. My littlest, Piper, is actually pretty “meh” about pizza. WHAT CHILD IS NOT A HUGE FAN OF PIZZA?! Mine. She wanted the $17 potstickers on the menu when we were out over girl’s weekend. Of course my foodie mom heart was beaming with pride, even if her meal was 4x the cost of anything on the kids menu!
But when it comes to making the WHOLE crew happy, these did the trick. Thumbs up all around and seriously, what’s NOT to love?! Perfect for a fun dinner paired with a veggie or to feed a hungry crowd on game day – these sliders can make an appearance at any occasion and please just about every palate!
- 1 head garlic
- 1 (12-count) package dinner rolls, halved to create sandwiches
- 1 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ~70 slices turkey pepperoni (4 servings)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice off the tip of the garlic bulb to expose a bit of raw garlic. Wrap in a piece of foil and bake for 40-50 minutes*, After roasted, carefully unwrap the foil and allow to cool for 5 minutes or until cool enough to touch.
- Meanwhile, place the bottom half of the dinner rolls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Top with marinara sauce, mozzarella, provolone, and pepperoni. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoon of parmesan. Place the top half of the roll over the top.
- Combine the roasted garlic with the butter, remaining 1 tablespoon parmesan, basil, oregano, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Mash the cloves into the butter with a fork. Spread the butter over the top of the rolls.
- Cover the rolls with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking another 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
Recipe ever so slightly adapted from Half Baked Harvest
*Short on time or want something SUPER quick and easy? Skip the garlic. Or, do it ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to use!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slider
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 9.0gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 443mgCarbohydrates: 22.4gFiber: 1.0gSugar: 3.1gProtein: 9.4g
Pizza fanatic like Mr. Prevention? Check out these pizza recipes!
- Greek Yogurt Pizza Dough
- 15-Minute BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Greek Pita Pizzas
- Southwestern Pizzas with Black Beans and Corn
- Green Goddess Pesto Squash Pizza
Weekly Menu: April 17th – 21st
- Sunday: Sausage and Tomato Risotto with broccoli and salad
- Monday: Hawaiian Shrimp Taco Bowls
- Tuesday: wedge salads with baked fish / leftovers
- Wednesday: Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma
- Thursday: leftovers