I’m under the impression that 2019 was a rough year for a lot of people. It was for me in many ways, too. Keeping active in the things that bring me fulfillment is one of the ways I keep grounded and chugging along. Blogging is one of those things — an activity I’ve been at since 2009. This post will be #2,246 on my site and that’s just…unbelievable, really. And no, I don’t track those types of things, but WordPress does and as a post to reflect on 2019, it feels apropros. I never saw my blog turning into a real hobby much less a revenue stream, various business ventures such cookbooking, and most importantly, an outlet for inspiration that brings value to the lives of others. So, thank you for reading along. I wish you and yours a 2020 that is the best year yet.
I always appreciate others who can throw the best of the best at me, and so, here ya go! My most-loved recipes from 2019 that I certainly suggest you give a shot 😉
1. Chicken and Wild Rice Soup — This recipe is from Joanna Gaine’s cookbook, Magnolia Table, and it is pretty incredible. My sister-in-law turned me on to this recipe and I don’t know why I’d consider trying any other version…
2. Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac. My kids live for chili (apple doesn’t fall far from the tree) and combined with pasta – big win all around. Plus, it’s one pot AND healthy. ‘Nuff said.
3. No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Cups. This recipe is just GOOD. There’s nothing not to love. Don’t let the whole granola-peanut butter bit fool you, these are dessert 🙂
4. Creamy Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta. I lightened this one up quite a bit but that Cajun seasoning would never have you know otherwise. I’m a total sucker for a spicy pasta – if you are, too…you’re welcome!
5. Raw Vegan Carrota Cake Bites. These are just incredible. My kids thought they hit the breakfast AND snack jackpot. Every day. And I was a HERO when I pulled some from the freezer a few weeks later. You’d never know these were healthy based on taste alone – delicious!
6. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro-Lime Slaw and Creamy Sriracha Sauce. No secret, I’m a sucker for seafood tacos in any form. Add some slaw and some type of creamy, spicy sauce. I mean, is there anything better?
7. Pesto Chicken Tortellini. I can remember this meal like it was yesterday and it was way back in July. The dinner table was silent as everyone plowed bite after bite into their mouths. Those are my favorite meals as so often, my offerings are met with whines and protests. The day my kids reject pesto for the first time, they’ll show up on Facebook Garage Sale. (Kidding, obviously.)
8. Cheesy BBQ Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats. You know what you want in life? Friends with gardens that don’t like to cook. I’m not that person, but if I ever find that person, I’ll be sure to develop a little personal CSA action. When our zucchini crop went wild, I got creative. These zucchini boats were SO good and incredibly easy. Great any time of year, be sure to put this recipe in reserves for when you have an abundance of zucchini at points throughout the summer.
9. Vegan Red Chili. The winner of my 10th annual chili contest was a vegan recipe! I didn’t see it coming, people. I love beans and all, but this recipe made me fall in love with them all over again. Don’t let the ingredient list scare you. The juice is worth the squeeze…I mean, it’s champion chili material.
10. Tangy Sweet and Sour Meatballs. This recipe is making the cut because yes, it tastes good, but it’s a fan-favorite among my littles. I upped the veggies and called it a meal – they called it “the best dinner ever”. Quick, easy, well-loved, and healthy enough lands it a spot on the top 10 of 2019.
Alrighty, that does it for 2019! Looking forward to a 2020 that is healthy, delicious, and blog-worthy!