I recently gave up on 2 books after reading 10-20% of each. That’s really unlike me – I feel like I’ll read just about anything and I’m not one to give up on books. But, back-to-back, I did. More than usual, I feel like time is precious. There’s never enough time, and so there’s certainly no time for time wasted on books that aren’t my jam.
At work, I intend to walk at lunch. I end up working through lunch.
I intend to leave work at a certain time to get in my workout and I work late, or end up leaving to pick-up a child who had a covid exposure at school, or I end up logging back into work the minute I get home from work.
Our dinner time has been creeping later and later. We’re wrapping up around 7pm or just after most evenings, and recently committed to upping our evening reading…it just leaves so little time to unwind!
My first meeting is 6:45am tomorrow so an on-time bedtime is a must! And yet, I have to get in a bit of TV time and a bit of reading (I’ve moved on to a total smut read and I’m not sad about it!).
We’re currently binging Below Deck – a yachting show on Bravo where uber rich people rent private charter yachts for a few days at a time and live like the richest of the rich. It’s lots of drama, of course, which makes it so fun to watch. It’s also really fun to watch because of the food – I want to eat it all.
It’s what I need – mindless wind-down and mealtime inspo! But, it’s certainly not weekday food. My current niche is “weeknight bougie” – quick food that’s foodie-approved. These tacos fit that description perfectly. They’re spicy with an avocado slaw to cool to palate and finish with some salty queso fresco! So, so good!
Salmon Tacos with Avocado Slaw
These spicy salmon tacos are served with a creamy, crunchy slaw and salty queso fresco for the perfect mini street tacos!
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime, zested and juiced (set aside juice)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20 mini corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco, for serving
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ½ tsp Sriracha
- 3 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking dish or rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the salmon in the center and pat dry; brush the top with oil.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chipotle powder, garlic powder, lime zest, and salt. Sprinkle mixture over the salmon, covering the surface.
- Bake salmon for 12 to 15 minutes, until the salmon is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado against the sides of a medium bowl with the backside of a fork until few lumps remain. Add the yogurt, olive oil, salt, lime zest and juice, and Sriracha; mix until well-combined. Mix in the slaw and cilantro; set aside.
- Drizzle reserved lime juice over the salmon. Serve hot salmon in double-layered tortillas, topped with slaw and queso fresco.
Recipe ever so slightly adapted from Well Plated
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 prepared taco
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 9.7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 16.8gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 2.4gProtein: 13.5g
Love a good taco? Who doesn’t!? Here’s some faves.
- Korean BBQ Tacos with Quick Kimchi
- Spicy Tilapia Fish Tacos with Sriracha Mayo
- Blackened Fish Tacos with Cilantro Slaw and Sriracha Mayo
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Crispy Beach Fish Tacos
- Blackened Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Tzatziki Fish Tacos