Does anyone else watch Below Deck?
In case you’re not familiar, it’s a mega yacht reality TV show where charter guests come aboard for several days of sun, watersports, cocktails, and most lust-worthy, THE FOOD. The episode we just watched was heavy on lobster and crab, per the guest requests. I mean, lobster benedict every morning? That’s what dreams are made of.
The TIP the crew was left with? $25k after 3 days. I literally cannot even imagine.
My today was more like, race home from work like a crazy person to beat the bus home. Throw the kids the tablet so I could get in a quick workout. Dripping in swear, throw everything in the Instant Pot, drop off kids at dance. Return home to finish dinner and shower. Return for kid pick-up and return home for dinner only to have kids not love dinner and be served leftovers (pretty much expected).
And you probably won’t believe me when I say that I’m on a run with dinners. I went from a bit uninspired to a streak of wins – kicking off with this one. The all-in-one recipes are my jam and this one has it all – flavor, texture, color, nutrition.
I mean, sure, it’s not king crab legs and lobster tails served on a mega yacht, but for a busy mom trying to put a well-accepted meal on the table that has some nutritional merits and doesn’t take all the dishes and all the evening time, give it a go! 🙂
Weeknight Sesame Teriyaki Chicken
Sweet, sticky, spicy chicken with tender veggies and crisp cucumbers, served over hearty brown rice. Nom.
- 4 Tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 20 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger root
- 2 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 5 cups steamed brown rice
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, for garnish
- Combine 1 tablespoon of sesame vinegar with the soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar in a medium bowl whisk well. Pour into a small bowl all but 1/4 cup of the sauce and set aside.
- To the bowl with the remaining sauce, add the cucumber slices and toss to coat. Set aside.
- To make the sesame crumbs, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the the panko, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until lightly toasted, about 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Transfer to a small plate to cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, cornstarch, and black pepper.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in the skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, garlic, and ginger. Cook another 2-3 minutes. Pour in the sauce and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook until the sauce coats the chicken, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over bowls of rice. Top with sesame crumbs and cucumbers.
Recipe from Half Baked Harvest
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Total Fat: 18.0gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 1061mgCarbohydrates: 76.2gFiber: 6.2gSugar: 15.8gProtein: 30.2g
Love chicken!? It’s so versatile!
- Chicken with Creamy Dijon Sauce and Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Cashew Chicken
- One Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken
- Goat Cheese and Apple Chicken
- Mongolian Chicken