Another weekend, another COVID test. I haven’t felt awesome in a few weeks now – over a month, really. Nothing debilitating or horrific, I’m certainly able to function. I have this low key cold that I just can’t seem to shake. But when a slight cough and congestion started to accompany the very, very mild sore throat I thought my dodging of COVID was coming to an end.
But, once again, the test was negative. Mark’s too. I just never saw this being our life, but hey, I’m grateful for the continued negative tests and our good health. Though I sure do look forward to working out with clear lungs again at some point, soon…I hope!
So this weekend was another slightly low-key one. We did gingerbread houses and the usual – laundry, groceries, holiday movie, etc. I did get started on my holiday baking – a double batch of peanut clusters. My kids were covered in sugar and so it was late afternoon baths and early to PJs. Seriously, it sounds glorious to me! I’ll get home from hockey by 8:30pm…if I don’t stay for a beer after playoff game 1. We shall see 😉
This week will get off to a non-traditional start with a quick trip to Chicago tomorrow for my brother’s wedding. A Monday afternoon courthouse wedding – it’s so my brother. He and his fiancé have been together for over 10 years, and tomorrow, they become husband and wife! I’m excited to be a part of their day! And the steakhouse afterwards looks delicious!
Back on the homestead, my crew will be enjoying…and I do mean enjoying…all the leftovers to be had. I thought my favorite, super shady Chinese restaurant had closed for good, so I MIGHT have over-ordered on Friday when the “OPEN” sign was on. SO GOOD. And on Thursday of last week, I spoiled my family with this Instant Pot delight. I’m only sad that I didn’t make it in time for this week’s podcast episode all on Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes! Next time!
Because you guys, this recipe was BOMMMB. Assuming you like buffalo sauce and who, in their right mind, doesn’t love buffalo wing sauce?! Not a big fan of heat? Scale back the buffalo – I scaled up. I also added a little crunch, color, and nutrition with the celery. And you know, to complete and whole wing thing. This recipe will be made again, especially since it was SO easy and ready in a jiff!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 lb penne or mini penne pasta
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- Put butter in a 6-8 quart Instant Pot set to SAUTE (high) mode. Once melted, add the chicken and onion. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. NOTE: do not cook through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Turn OFF the Instant Pot, add the broth, pasta, pepper, and garlic powder; stir well, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Add the cubed cream cheese on top of the pasta. DO NOT STIR. Next layer the chicken and onion and drizzle with the buffalo wing sauce. Again, DO NOT STIR.
- Secure the lid and seal. Pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. The pot will take 10-15 minutes to come to pressure. After cooking, perform a quick release and remove lid.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and stir until the cheeses are well-incorporated. Allow to thicken for several minutes before serving with blue cheese and celery.
Recipe slightly adapted from Fab Everyday
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: ~ 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527Total Fat: 19.7gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1149mgCarbohydrates: 55.0gFiber: 2.6gSugar: 3.0gProtein: 33.4g
Love all things Insta-Pot!? I’m loving it, too!
- Insanely Easy Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- Mac and Cheese with Ham and Peas
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Weekly Menu: December 5th – 9th
- Sunday: leftovers
- Monday: leftovers for the fam, steakhouse after my brother’s wedding for me!
- Tuesday: Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Wednesday: naan pizzas with salad
- Thursday: Seared Scallops and Lemon Parmesan Risotto with brussels sprouts