My podcast co-host, Gina, and I have been struggling to balance podcasting with life. Full-time work, kids, COVID. All the things. It’s funny because if I’m on the computer, my kids and husband ask, “Are you blogging?” (generally yes, I’m rarely on the computer at home otherwise) and if I’m MIA, “Is mommy podcasting?” The answer is generally yes, unless I’m working out.
It’s cute that my kids know, kind of, what a blog and a podcast are. I should be surprised none at all that during one of our recent quarantines, they begged for the iPad so they could record a YouTube video “for their channel”.
At the end of the video they said, “don’t forget to subscribe to my channel!!!!”. DO THEY EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?! Brainwashed, I tell you. They learn this stuff (way too) young. I sometimes wonder if they’ll go back to listen to the podcast or read the blog to hear all the endearing things I have to say about them. Time will tell.
(They do NOT have a YouTube channel!!)
Gina and I definitely share a lot about our kids on the podcast and much of it is funny stuff. And sure, a lot of it is about food and nutrition. We share in the pain that is feeding our families and so sometimes we challenge ourselves. An upcoming episode will be on vegan and vegetarian recipe favorites. We’re swapping favorites and are going to chat about them on the show.
Spoiler alert: Gina sent me this recipe. She and I tweaked it into this rendition but you guysssssss, it would be wrong of me not to share it ASAP. Waiting until late next month when the episode airs would be selfish and simply unnecessary. So, here we are.
I up whipped this Easy Vegan Dark Chocolate Pudding over the weekend and I knew when making it that it was going to be good. After allowing it to set-up in the fridge and topping it with shavings of Ghiradelli dark chocolate, I was sampling the goods and was caught red-handed by my princesses. I shared a bite and promised them some after dinner. They couldn’t have enjoyed it more, so BOOM, you KNOW it’s good!
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups plain unsweetened soy milk, divided
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips*
- 4 tsp dark chocolate shavings/curls*
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy milk, until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk remaining soy milk, syrup, cocoa, and vanilla over medium heat until simmering, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and whisk until completely melted.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and whisk constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Divide pudding among 4 dishes and refrigerate until set and chilled through, about 1-2 hours.
- Serve topped with chocolate shavings.
*choose vegan chocolates if seeking vegan recipe
Recipe slightly adapted from Clean Eating
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 9.8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 31.5gFiber: 5.5gSugar: 18.3gProtein: 5.3g
Looking for more vegan recipes? Gotcha covered!
- Easy Vegan Vegetable Biryani
- Superfood Broccoli and Blueberry Salad
- Quinoa Mango Black Bean Salad with Chipotle-Lime Vinaigrette
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup
- Peanut Sauce Rice Noodles with Tofu and Veggies