This past weekend was a doozie, in like a really good way! We had time at the beach and out boating and floating away on a 91 degree Saturday and an equally hot Sunday was spent doing a 5K wine run through the vineyards nearby. Holy hot and to quote a fellow runner, “They didn’t tell us grapes were actually grown on MOUNTAINS!”
It was SO freaking hilly. My friend and I stuck together and got a good workout but didn’t kill ourselves. There was a bit of walking. Our pace was 12:14/mile and honestly, given the hills, I was impressed. Somehow, 80% of the hills were UP hill 😉 and all of the course was either barely mowed grass or worse, SAND. We finished in the top half, so that was great!
I was also okay taking it easy because I knew I had a hockey game that night. And it’s a good thing I didn’t go all-out in the race because I scored THREE goals. A HAT TRICK!? I don’t even know the last time I scored multiple goals and yes, I’ve been playing defense for the past few seasons, but it was fun to score some goals and I’m feeling back into the zone on wing/offense.
Needless to say, I was a bit sore today. Okay, REALLY sore – Theragun, I’m lookin’ at you. I served up a rest day with lots of stretching and the girls and I kept it simple for dinner while clearing out the fridge of some must-go’s.
The last must-go that I was so sad to see go: Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip that my friend Jenn turned me on to from Sam’s Club. It was recently a ‘mom win’ on the podcast and seeing as I don’t have a Sam’s Club nearby much less a membership, I got to Pinterest-ing to find a solution to my new-found love for pickle dip.
In years past, I’ve made pickles. Lots of garlicky, dill pickles. This year, I’m making pickle dip that I LOVE to serve up with all of our garden fresh cucumbers. My kids won’t try it and Mark doesn’t love cream cheese. And for this, I am grateful. This dip is worthy of sharing but I guarantee you won’t want to!
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp pickle juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried dill)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, pickle juice, dill, salt, and pepper until well-combined.
- Fold in the pickles and onion. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe ever so slightly adapted from Belly Full
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 5.0gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 3.9gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 3.8gProtein: 2.0g
Looking for more crave-worthy appetizers?
- Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Cashew Curry Hummus
- Creamy Onion Dip
- Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza Bites
- Only the Best Guacamole
- Tex-Mex Chicken Lettuce Rollers
Weekly Menu: August 7th – 10th
- Sunday: Summer Peach Salad
- Monday: brats, pesto pasta, cucumber slices
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
- Wednesday: Cajun Shrimp Cobb Salad
- Thursday: leftovers for the fam, book club out for me