I meant to get up a post at some point between Tuesday and Sunday, but it just didn’t happen. I was fighting off some kind of junk and then my second COVID-19 vaccine left me with a bit of a headache and weird axillary lymph node (armpit) pain (nothing major at all!). I just felt a bit blah with the overlap of the cruddy-crud and the vaccine.
And stress, woof. I can’t say I have a stressful life or job, but once in a while, things can get a bit crazy and last week was one of those times. Meetings started early last week and in the evenings, I had podcasting or (virtual) book club or something each evening. Mark was traveling for his grandmother’s funeral, so single mommin’ is always a juggle. It was just all-around not a great week.
But, this week is looking better! For starters, I’m glad the dumping of snow we got was Sunday versus a weekday because FOR SURE school would have been canceled. Shea was out there just a bit ago, getting her first lesson in snow blowing. I was out there in boxers, a tank top, and flip flops recording it. 🙂 Got the neighbors talking, I’m sure.
Yesterday, I didn’t get out of my pajamas until 5pm. I showered and put on clean jammies. Today is shaping up to be much of the same, except I will need to get dressed in time for hockey at 4:45pm. You know, I’ll have to go from boxers to leggings or sweat pants. This COVID life, I’m telling you…it’s not all bad. #glasshalffull
I’m not sure what’s going on at our local grocery stores. Corn tortillas, sandwich thins, iced coffee, and canned coconut milk are gone, gone, gone. A few of these items (COFFEE!) are needs vs wants. The rest we can make it without, but things like the corn tortillas seem to bizarre to me. Hopefully this week we’ll get to make the cauliflower tacos that were on last week’s menu.
If not, we may end up doing breakfast for dinner one evening. I was getting a bit bored with protein bars for breakfast, and the Morning Glory Muffins are long gone. I needed something to have in the mornings and ideally, something I could grab and take to work with me. You guys, this Chunky Monkey Banana Baked Oatmeal is freaking delicious (even after swapping in unsweetened almond milk for that canned coconut milk I can’t find!). Enjoy!
Chunky Monkey Banana Baked Oatmeal
Created after the famous Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream, this oatmeal bake is a banana, chocolate, and coconut explosion!
- 2 ¼ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mist an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana against the side of the bowl using the backside of a fork until few lumps remain. Add the eggs, vanilla, almond milk, and syrup; whisk until well-combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry; mix until just combined. Fold in all but 2 tablespoons of each the coconut, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with reserved coconut, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until edges are golden and center is set. Cool before cutting and serving.
Recipe from Ambitious Kitchen
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 17.2gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 50.7gFiber: 7.2gSugar: 19.3gProtein: 9.5g
Looking for more baked oatmeal options? Check’em out!
- Cranberry Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry-Lemon Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Brownie Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
Weekly Menu: January 31st – February 4th
- Sunday: leftovers
- Monday: Crispy Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
- Tuesday: One Pot Rigatoni Bolognese with salad
- Wednesday: leftover chili from the freezer with steamed broccoli
- Thursday: leftovers or Panera carry-out
I loved this! I left out the walnuts and coconut, in hopes my daughter would like it. (She didn’t 🙄, but…more for me!) I’ve warmed it up each morning with a 1/2 T of peanut butter drizzled on top. Sooooo good! Thanks for posting!
Thanks, Erin! My girls were pretty meh about it and picked out the chocolate – LOL! However, like yourself, I loved it and figured…more for me! 🙂 I’ll be making again, for sure! <3